I own every Bon album on vinyl. In fact along with my Kiss and early Van Halen records, they are the oldest surviving pieces in my vinyl collection. '74 Jailbreak is cream of the crop for me. I saw them on The Razor's edge tour and it was definitely a good, high energy rock show.

That's interesting. I think one of the reasons I never bothered with them much was because my brother use to listen to them - a bit too much - as I recall.

'74 Jailbreak - that was an EP deal, yes?

I just recalled - C.O.D. is another song I like.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> I don't know how old you are, but based upon your comment, I'd venture that you're under 30

i'll be 31 in a few weeks, so i'm entitled to hate the band :lol

I think that may be against the law in your country.

Still, for me, if it ain't Bon I'm really not interested.

This has turned out to be the case for me over the years as well.

I've still got everything through Back in Black left over from my youth.

The one I tend to pull out most often is the 1978 live If you want blood you got it.

Besides including "Riff Raff" and "Whole Lotta Rosie" I've just always dug that ridiculous campy-ass cover of Angus impaled by an SG.

That's interesting. I think one of the reasons I never bothered with them much was because my brother use to listen to them - a bit too much - as I recall.

'74 Jailbreak - that was an EP deal, yes?

I just recalled - C.O.D. is another song I like.

Jailbreak was a 5 song-ep of earlier songs that we're previously unreleased in the U.S. It was released in the mid 80's, after three or so Brian Johnson albums. While you're checking old ACDC footage out on Youtube, go see the video for the Jailbreak (which was originally on the Australian release of Dirty Deeds) for some serious comedy. My favorite from the ep is "You Ain't Got A Hold On Me."

As to that comment about The Cult's "Electric," being the best ACDC album, that's a legitimate debate. I've long thought that "Electric" was superior to any one ACDC album, though the CULT were only really good for a stretch of 3 albums over 4 years. I've seen them several times and they never fail to disappoint.

Jailbreak was a 5 song-ep of earlier songs that we're previously unreleased in the U.S. It was released in the mid 80's, after three or so Brian Johnson albums. While you're checking old ACDC footage out on Youtube, go see the video for the Jailbreak (which was originally on the Australian release of Dirty Deeds) for some serious comedy. My favorite from the ep is "You Ain't Got A Hold On Me."

As to that comment about The Cult's "Electric," being the best ACDC album, that's a legitimate debate. I've long thought that "Electric" was superior to any one ACDC album, though the CULT were only really good for a stretch of 3 albums over 4 years. I've seen them several times and they never fail to disappoint.

I've seen it.

Anyone know how many copies sold for the week those numbers translate to?

Australians load up on AC/DC albums

Mon Sep 1, 7:50 PM ET

MELBOURNE (Billboard) - AC/DC fans in Australia are stocking up on the hard rock band's back catalog in preparation for the October 18 release of its first album in eight years.

Five of the Australian act's albums returned to the local chart this week. They were 1975's "TNT" at No. 47, 1979's "Highway To Hell" at No. 61, 1976's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" at No. 62, 1986's "Who Made Who" at No. 74 and 1990's "Razor's Edge" at No. 92.

The 15-track "Black Ice" hits Australian shelves three days ahead of its exclusive Wal-Mart release in the United States.

AC/DC will also feature heavily at the second Adelaide International Guitar Festival, which kicks off November 29. It will start with an attempt to set a new world record with 1,800 guitarists simultaneously playing the riff to the act's signature tune "It's a Long Way to the Top."

Reuters/Billboard

from what i've heard/understand, it's standardised or scaled. it depends on how many people are buying cd's over the period, for example, even though the album might be at #1, there's a chance that people didnt buy much copies of it compared to recent numbers

woo-hoo... i can help a-man!

lots of questions are answered here:

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_faqs.htm

:lol

'who made who' makes an apperance on my ipod at least once a month. raised on a healthy diet of classic rock growing up in rural central illinois, i cannot deny my love the ac/dc. even 'razor's edge'.

was razor's edge the album that came out in the early/mid 90's? thunderstruck, et al?

if so, i love that album. of course, that's when i was a teen and my musical tastes were being formed

was razor's edge the album that came out in the early/mid 90's? thunderstruck, et al?

if so, i love that album. of course, that's when i was a teen and my musical tastes were being formed

It came out in '89. "Thunderstruck," and "Money Talks" were both big MTV and radio hits. It was a fairly big comeback album for them. I saw the tour for that album and it was a good show.

There's your first topic of conversation with Al the next time you're in CT. He loves The Cult. :thumbup

acca dacca? not that i recall..

Well, maybe you should.

Put on that cool black jacket you have, go buy Back In Black, get in your Camaro, put Back In Black into the cd player, drive to the country, find some mailboxes, reach under your seat, pick up an M-80, light the fuse, throw it in a mailbox, crank up Back In Black, hit the gas, laugh like a madman, and then repeat.

There's your first topic of conversation with Al the next time you're in CT. He loves The Cult. :thumbup

Actually i was holding out for fear of reprisal from the indie police, but I'm going to see the Cult here in Richmond in about a week. Don't tell anyone though. Send a hello to Al. take care, greg

PS - I can't believe how bad I'm slipping on my dates, I think The Razor's Edge was 1990 Thanks for curing my mental meltdown.