Actually i was holding out for fear of reprisal from the indie police, but I'm going to see the Cult here in Richmond in about a week. Don't tell anyone though. Send a hello to Al. take care, greg

PS - I can't believe how bad I'm slipping on my dates, I think The Razor's Edge was 1990 Thanks for curing my mental meltdown.

Well - forget about The Southern Death Cult and answer my question.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe i'll be hearing "Thunderstruck" much more than i used to, seeing as our new OKC NBA team is now named the Thunder... they even played "Thunderstruck" at the press conference... and i already didn't like that song...

How are those orange, blue and red uniforms looking?

i heard a story yesterday that the band wanted to launch the new album and a bar called Cherry Bar down here. the bar is located in AC/DC Lane. earlier this year, all of Wilco (minus Jeff) went and partied there was us after their show

...... to bad there was a fire there recently and the band might not be able to do it

Exclusive: AC/DC Reveals Fall Tour Plans

September 11, 2008 , 12:00 AM ET

Mitchell Peters, L.A.

In support of its forthcoming studio album, AC/DC will launch its Black Ice World Tour on Oct. 28 at the Wachovia Center in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. The 24-date North American leg of the arena jaunt is scheduled to wrap Dec. 18 at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C.

The worldwide trek follows closely behind the Oct. 20 release of "Black Ice," which will be sold exclusively in Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores as well as ACDC.com. AC/DC's first new single in eight years, "Rock'n'Roll Train," rockets 15-5 this week on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart.

Tickets for the North American dates will go on sale during the weekend of Sept. 20 via Ticketmaster and ACDC.com. Specific on-sale dates and ticket prices have not yet been announced.

Following the North American run, AC/DC will visit South American, Europe and Asia, with dates to be announced. The Black Ice World Tour will be AC/DC's first outing since 2001.

Here are AC/DC's North American tour dates:

Oct. 28: Wilkes-Barre, Pa. (Wachovia Arena)

Oct. 30: Chicago (Allstate Arena)

Nov. 3: Indianapolis (Conseco Fieldhouse)

Nov. 5: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)

Nov. 7: Toronto (Rogers Centre)

Nov. 9: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)

Nov. 12-13: New York (Madison Square Garden)

Nov. 15: Washington, D.C. (Verizon Center)

Nov. 17: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

Nov. 19: East Rutherford, N.J. (IZOD Center)

Nov. 21: Columbus, Ohio (Schottenstein Center)

Nov. 23: Minneapolis (Xcel Energy Center)

Nov. 25: Denver (Pepsi Center)

Nov. 28: Vancouver (General Motors Place)

Nov. 29: Seattle (KeyArena)

Nov. 30: Tacoma, Wash. (Tacoma Dome)

Dec. 2: Oakland, Calif. (Oracle Arena)

Dec. 6: Los Angeles (The Forum)

Dec. 10: Phoenix (US Airways Center)

Dec. 12: San Antonio (AT&T Center)

Dec. 14: Houston (Toyota Center)

Dec. 16: Atlanta (Philips Arena)

Dec. 18: Charlotte, N.C. (Time Warner Cable Arena)

"Highway to Hell" is one of my desert islands albums.

While not on my desert island list, it is a great album top to bottom, probably my favorite next to "If you want blood..."

I am really hoping to see them this tour with my kids. I saw them a long time ago (BIB) and it was definately a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
AC/DC's 'Ice' Red Hot At Retail

October 22, 2008 , 2:45 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

AC/DC's "Black Ice" is flying off the shelves at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, the exclusive U.S. retailers for the album that arrived yesterday (Oct. 21). Sources estimate the set sold 193,000 copies in its first day of sale, and could move upward of 800,000 in its first week.

This week, Wal-Mart set up "pop-up" stores in New York and Los Angeles to sell the album and offer fans the chance to play the AC/DC-branded version of the video game "Rock Band."

At regular Wal-Mart outlets, AC/DC has its own store-within-the-store, featuring the band's back catalog and merchandise.

"Black Ice" (Columbia) is AC/DC's first new studio album in eight years. The group begins an extensive world tour Oct. 28 in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

setlist from last night in Wilkes-Barre:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train

02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

03. Back In Black

04. Big Jack

05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

06. Thunderstruck

07. Black Ice

08. The Jack

09. Hells Bells

10. War Machine

11. Anything Goes

12. You Shook Me All Night Long

13. TNT

14. Whole Lotta Rosie

15. Let There Be Rock

Encore:

16. Highway To Hell

17. For Those About To Rock

AC/DC Debuts At No. 1 With 784,000

AC/DC

October 29, 2008 , 11:30 AM ET

Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Updating a story first posted here last night, AC/DC earns its first Billboard 200-topping debut with "Black Ice," blasting onto the chart with the second-biggest sales frame this year. The Columbia set, released exclusively through Wal-mart, Sam's Club and AC/DC's Web site, moved 784,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

AC/DC topped the chart in early 1982 with "For Those About To Rock We Salute You," which climbed to No. 1, but did not debut there. Thanks to deep discounts at Wal-Mart, the band's back catalog enjoyed a huge week, shifting 92,000 copies combined. "Back in Black" went from 9,000 to 21,000, while "High Voltage" rocketed from 4,000 to 11,000.

setlist from last night in Wilkes-Barre:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train

02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be

03. Back In Black

04. Big Jack

05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

06. Thunderstruck

07. Black Ice

08. The Jack

09. Hells Bells

10. War Machine

11. Anything Goes

12. You Shook Me All Night Long

13. TNT

14. Whole Lotta Rosie

15. Let There Be Rock

Encore:

16. Highway To Hell

17. For Those About To Rock

well that looks like a darn good time....I didn't get tics the first day for oakland looks like I'm going to craig's list :pirate

I caught Thursday's Chicago show. AC/DC puts on a really fun show if you like AC/DC. They sound great and Angus has a ton of energy. They added Shoot to Thrill into the setlist (without dropping anything) compared to the PA set. $100 is a lot, but I can't see them doing another tour after this one ends in 2 years...