• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they had a bunch of tickets already sold to a bunch of concerts.....

That didn't stop Wilco from cancelling Indianapolis last year or Bruce or Pearl Jam or Boston, all cancelling North Carolina. 

I take it AC/DC must be only Angus now with the rest of the guys hired from tour to tour. Brian must be like Ron Wood - in a band for over 3 decades, but still a hired hand. I would be surprised if Angus does albums with Brian, and then hires somebody else to do the vocals on tours. I think this be the end - or they are going to hire a new singer. 

I take it AC/DC must be only Angus now with the rest of the guys hired from tour to tour. Brian must be like Ron Wood - in a band for over 3 decades, but still a hired hand. 

I believe, Ronnie Wood finally became a full fledged member around 94 or so.

That may be right. I do recall reading something in Bill's book about him being paid more money. 

All this AC/DC talks takes me back to the Back in Black days. Every teenager in school had that album - or it sure seemed like it. 

That didn't stop Wilco from cancelling Indianapolis last year or Bruce or Pearl Jam or Boston, all cancelling North Carolina. 

Those are 1-off shows, not half tours. Just a guess that that's why they didn't bag a bunch (10) of their concerts, especially on a tour dubbed "Rock or Bust."

Those are 1-off shows, not half tours. Just a guess that that's why they didn't bag a bunch of concerts...

Sadly, after all the years they've put it, they probably still need the money.  It can't be cheap to keep Malcolm comfortable with his unfortunate health issues. 

Oh man, I HIGHLY doubt it's about the money. Shit, Brian Johnson alone must be worth close to or at triple-digit millions. I'd posit, again, that they've got 10 more shows with tickets already sold to and didn't want to ditch the fans and deal with that whole fiasco. Axl is available, willing, etc. and everybody knows him. His vocal range isn't really that far removed from Brian Johnson's, either, so....why not?

All this AC/DC talks takes me back to the Back in Black days. Every teenager in school had that album - or it sure seemed like it. 

Somehow I have 2 LP copies of Back In Black, and it's not even one of my favorite records.

I never cared for them all that much. I had those couple of albums plus For Those About To Rock. I don't think I have any AC/DC now. As I recall - one of the things that drew kids I knew to the band were their "dirty" lyrics. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...