Election Year!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While all you happy liberals are snickering about teenage pregnancy and inexperienced potential VPs with shapely legs, the Republicans are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

stranded_gas.03.gif

So Olbermann is staying in NY instead of covering the RNC. This sucks. At least, Stewart is still there. I wonder of the gal from Democracy Now is out of jail yet? She looks pretty threatening to me.

Do people actually take Olbermann seriously? He's the left's version of Bill O'Reilly, except he's probably a little more condescending (a little more intelligent, sure, but condescending as hell.)

While all you happy liberals are snickering about teenage pregnancy and inexperienced potential VPs with shapely legs, the Republicans are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

stranded_gas.03.gif

How does this help republicans get money? Should I register now?

How does this help republicans get money? Should I register now?

Seriously? Ever hear of Halliburton?

Christ, special interest groups will line the Republican party's pockets with mink.

How much is a barrel of oil now? We'll be dope sick for it when we can't afford to heat our houses and a box of cereal costs 10 bucks.

Ever try "laughing all the way to the bank"? Really quite painful.

What disturbs me about the energy thing is the new ad by the oil industry. It says there is enough untapped oil in the US to run 60 million cars for 60 years. These are the oil industry's numbers. When you factor in that there are about 3-4 times that many registered vehicles in the US, you're looking at about 20-30 years worth of oil. Considering that pretty much our whole economy is petroleum based, that's not a heck of a long time before we're tapped out.

Ever try "laughing all the way to the bank"? Really quite painful.

What disturbs me about the energy thing is the new ad by the oil industry. It says there is enough untapped oil in the US to run 60 million cars for 60 years. These are the oil industry's numbers. When you factor in that there are about 3-4 times that many registered vehicles in the US, you're looking at about 20-30 years worth of oil. Considering that pretty much our whole economy is petroleum based, that's not a heck of a long time before we're tapped out.

It's relatively short sighted, but it is going to be outrageously profitable.

Seriously? Ever hear of Halliburton?

what's wrong with american companies making profits?

How much is a barrel of oil now? We'll be dope sick for it when we can't afford to heat our houses and a box of cereal costs 10 bucks.

it's $105 and plummeting. at least in part thanks to all the talk about our potential to increase the supply.

Oh wow! Well, it must be true.

yeah, no matter what happens, the republicans will steal the election anyway. you obama supporters might as well save the gas and stay home on election day.