Election Year!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading the link you posted and, quite frankly, it all seems like conspiracy theories to me. No concrete evidence, and if you're going to make allegations like that, the burden of proof is on you.

I put this in the same boat with the 9/11 truthers. We're supposed to believe at the same time that Bush is one of the worst, most incompetent presidents of all time (I probably think this is true), but that he can also orchestrate these 3 huge evil plots.

Looking at the breakdown of the 2004 election by party support, it's pretty easy to see that the republicans just did a better job of convincing the base. The Democrats put up an awful candidate, Bush didn't need to steal anything.

i don't want to pile on here, i've been cranky enough tonight, but tracy posted those links at 6:52 and by 7:00 you've been reading them and had time to write this post? it will probably take more time to assess them, don't you think? just a suggestion.

I still can't believe how prevalent the "it can't happen here" attitude still is.

come to Dallas.

You can stand on the grassy knoll looking for rifle shell casings.

That's convenient. You were 12 and 16 respectively during the elections we're debating, so unless you were an unusually sophisticated pre-teen and teen, you probably didn't gain much first-hand knowledge about whether these elections were stolen or not. Then you don't educate yourself about them ("I've heard some stuff"). Then you get provided with links, and an explanation to your questions on this board and you ignore them. Then you lump the truth you wish was false with a radical theory about 9/11 in a lame attempt to discredit it. Your credibility is not at an all-time high Bob.

I read the links she posted, and I'm not convinced. Were there irregularities? Obviously. But they appear to have happened on the local side of things, and don't really show me a grand operation from the tops of the GOP. I really don't think I've ignored the explanations, they just aren't convincing enough to me. Like I said earlier, when you are going to make allegations that are that serious, the burden of proof is on your. And in my opinion, those links don't prove much more than incompetence on a small scale that served only to magnify that Bush got more votes.

I love that you are the only person who has brought up my age in this thread, not once but twice. How about you go fuck yourself?

I still can't believe how prevalent the "it can't happen here" attitude still is.

i know what you mean. that attitude is almost more frightening than the things that are happening here.

i don't want to pile on here, i've been cranky enough tonight, but tracy posted those links at 6:52 and by 7:00 you've been reading them and had time to write this post? it will probably take more time to assess them, don't you think? just a suggestion.

Do you want me to read every single article on the site? I'm working my way through what is there and none of it is convincing me. If you want to say it's because I had something to gain by the republicans winning, or something, that's cool. I'm skeptical of it as it is, and since the allegation is that it's been stolen from the top up, I need to see proof of that, not that some cities fucked up.

Like I said, there's irregularities. They might have impacted the outcome, though with Bush winning by such large margins, I'm not sure I buy it. But I don't buy a top down conspiracy of theft.

The way I see it is that if an election is close in a state, whatever party is currently running that state is going to come out winning that election. (JFK in 1960; Bush in 2000) That said, I don't know who was in charge of Ohio in 2004.

Do you want me to read every single article on the site? I'm working my way through what is there and none of it is convincing me. If you want to say it's because I had something to gain by the republicans winning, or something, that's cool. I'm skeptical of it as it is, and since the allegation is that it's been stolen from the top up, I need to see proof of that, not that some cities fucked up.

Like I said, there's irregularities. They might have impacted the outcome, though with Bush winning by such large margins, I'm not sure I buy it. But I don't buy a top down conspiracy of theft.

ok. i'm not trying to talk you out of your opinion, i just thought that 8 minutes of reading dozens of links and also writing a post didn't seem like a lot of time to read and think about it.

you're right that the dems ran a lousy candidate, though he was ahead in most polls, for whatever those are worth.

I read the links she posted, and I'm not convinced. Were there irregularities? Obviously. But they appear to have happened on the local side of things, and don't really show me a grand operation from the tops of the GOP. I really don't think I've ignored the explanations, they just aren't convincing enough to me. Like I said earlier, when you are going to make allegations that are that serious, the burden of proof is on your. And in my opinion, those links don't prove much more than incompetence on a small scale that served only to magnify that Bush got more votes.

I love that you are the only person who has brought up my age in this thread, not once but twice. How about you go fuck yourself?

You sound angry........again Bob. You questioned points myself and others made -- and in turn, I gave you a paragraph of facts, and others supplied links. Then you lumped stolen elections in with radical 9/11 theories. When you put your credibility at issue in that obvious of a way, your age was one of a few relevant points. No reason to be insecure man -- I wish I was 20....

You sound angry........again Bob. You questioned points myself and others made -- and in turn, I gave you a paragraph of facts, and others supplied links. Then you lumped stolen elections in with radical 9/11 theories. When you put your credibility at issue in that obvious of a way, your age was one of a few relevant points. No reason to be insecure man -- I wish I was 20....

My age has nothing to do with it. I'll admit on this occasion, I am legitimately angry, because I hate when people talk down to me because of my age. If you're going to keep bringing it up, I'm going to keep telling you to go fuck yourself.

And really, how are stolen elections that much different from 9/11 conspiracies if you don't believe in them? There are plenty of unanswered questions regarding 9/11, just like the 2000 and 2004 elections, and plenty of things you can point to as "proof", but it seems to me in both situations there are simply a lot of unrelated clues that can lead you to the conclusion you want to make.

Kwall: ?

My age has nothing to do with it. I'll admit on this occasion, I am legitimately angry, because I hate when people talk down to me because of my age. If you're going to keep bringing it up, I'm going to keep telling you to go fuck yourself.

crybaby.jpg

If you're going to keep bringing [my age] up, I'm going to keep telling you to go fuck yourself.

You've been the most consistently combative person (in the last political thread), so I thought you had a little thicker skin than that. I don't talk authoritatively about elections that happened before I could vote for a reason. That's why I brought it up. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I guess the difference between the two statements above is that I couldn't care less about the 'fucking of self' comments. Actually, they were kinda funny....

And really, how are stolen elections that much different from 9/11 conspiracies if you don't believe in them?

Extraordinarily different. The former has tangible evidence reported widely by hundreds of credible sources. The latter......doesn't.

You're a stupid discourse.

:blink

And really, how are stolen elections that much different from 9/11 conspiracies if you don't believe in them? There are plenty of unanswered questions regarding 9/11, just like the 2000 and 2004 elections, and plenty of things you can point to as "proof", but it seems to me in both situations there are simply a lot of unrelated clues that can lead you to the conclusion you want to make.

many of those questions are deeply disturbing, and remain unanswered as yet. that bothers me, a lot, as a human being and as an american.