Brand Spanking New Election Thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, only less educated people could possibly support the GOP?

You'd think he'd come to his senses after 8 years of watching the GOP manage this country. It baffles me that some folks would even consider giving the GOP four more years after the bushCo nightmare concludes.

In reading the Ron Paul piece (which I don't entirely agree with, except for the fact that I think that the bailout is a horrendous idea) I found that my attention was drawn away from the article to the "Most Popular" column on the right. Headlines are strange things--increasingly they seem to have nothing to do with the actual content of the articles. These caught my eye:

"McCain Delivers Populist Message" is the title of one link--although the title of the corresponding article is actually "McCain drifts away from a legacy of deregulation", which is a kind of way of pointing out that he's full of crap. More like "McCain claims down is up, hopes you won't notice".

"Palin beefs up foreign policy cred" is also a strange title coming from CNN, who initially threatened not to cover this event after the press was told that it would be a photo op only and reporters weren't allowed anywhere near her. Way to stick to your guns, guys. I can't believe that whole "liberal media!" crap still works as a means of getting the press to go out of their way to show how "fair" they can be by airbrushing the crap out of everything. Oy.

cnn.jpg

Developing: TVNewser has learned all the networks were prepared to ban the use of pictures and video from Gov. Sarah Palin's meetings at the UN today. The ban was in protest of the McCain campaign's restriction on editorial presence.

We hear the networks had arranged for a pool camera to cover all the meetings, and at least three journalists were to be present as well (one print, one radio, one TV). Earlier today, the McCain campaign said it would allow just one editorial person inside. Later, the campaign limited it to a camera only.

Within the last few minutes, the campaign reversed course and will allow a CNN producer in to the meetings.

Gov. Sarah Palin met with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai on Tuesday, the first of nine major international leaders she will meet with in the span of just 30 hours.

Is this like speed dating?

In reading the Ron Paul piece (which I don't entirely agree with, except for the fact that I think that the bailout is a horrendous idea) I found that my attention was drawn away from the article to the "Most Popular" column on the right. Headlines are strange things--increasingly they seem to have nothing to do with the actual content of the articles. These caught my eye:

"McCain Delivers Populist Message" is the title of one link--although the title of the corresponding article is actually "McCain drifts away from a legacy of deregulation", which is a kind of way of pointing out that he's full of crap. More like "McCain claims down is up, hopes you won't notice".

"Palin beefs up foreign policy cred" is also a strange title coming from CNN, who initially threatened not to cover this event after the press was told that it would be a photo op only and reporters weren't allowed anywhere near her. Way to stick to your guns, guys. I can't believe that whole "liberal media!" crap still works as a means of getting the press to go out of their way to show how "fair" they can be by airbrushing the crap out of everything. Oy.

cnn.jpg

Richard Wagner had an affair?

Ron Paul is the only Republican (though he's really Libertarian) that I will take somewhat seriously. I really respect the man, he has, at least, some semblance of a moral compass. I do agree with it, for the most part, but I'm of the opinion that the government needs to provide services to its citizens, hence it needs to be somewhat large, though I do agree there's too much wasteful spending (i.e. military-industrial complex).

Ron Paul is the only Republican (though he's really Libertarian) that I will take somewhat seriously. I really respect the man, he has, at least, some semblance of a moral compass. I do agree with it, for the most part, but I'm of the opinion that the government needs to provide services to its citizens, hence it needs to be somewhat large, though I do agree there's too much wasteful spending (i.e. military-industrial complex).

"I