10 Best Albums Resulting From the Uncle Tupelo Break-Up

Brian Henneman played guitar on A.M.

Jay Bennett wasn't in Uncle Tupelo, either.

Excellent point

i just read this today and really enjoyed it... cool to know someone on here wrote it. dont know why anyone is having a bad reaction to you posting it... it's relevant.

Well that's the thing - "cool to know someone on here wrote it" doesn't really apply to the person who posted it. 100% of their posts are links from their online mag. No interaction.

Because obviously everyone cares what I think and do, I added this to the prefixmag comment section: "It is a stretch to say that a Jay Bennett album resulted from the UT dissolution. The proposition that his albums resulted from the break up of Uncle Tupelo is tenuous at best. Also were albums by The Autumn Defense, The Bottle Rockets and Gob Iron left off because they were deemed unworthy or because you didn't know that John Stirratt and Brian Henneman - though Brian unofficially - were in UT and that Jay Farrar and Anders Parker recorded as Gob Iron a couple of years ago and are doing so again?

Otherwise a decent list."

Because obviously everyone cares what I think and do, I added this to the prefixmag comment section: "It is a stretch to say that a Jay Bennett album resulted from the UT dissolution. The proposition that his albums resulted from the break up of Uncle Tupelo is tenuous at best. Also were albums by The Autumn Defense, The Bottle Rockets and Gob Iron left off because they were deemed unworthy or because you didn't know that John Stirratt and Brian Henneman - though Brian unofficially - were in UT and that Jay Farrar and Anders Parker recorded as Gob Iron a couple of years ago and are doing so again?

Otherwise a decent list."

well said