New and Improved 3-ply election thread...

Got this email from a friend this morning:

"Instead of (in addition to?) us all sending around more emails about

how horrible she is, let's all make a donation to Planned Parenthood.

In Sarah Palin's name.

And here's the good part: when you make a donation to PP in her

name, they'll send her a card telling her that the donation has

been made in her honor. Here's the link to the Planned

Parenthood website:

http://secure.ga0.org/02/pp10000_inhonor

You'll need to fill in the address to let PP know where to send

the "in Sarah Palin's honor" card. I suggest you use the address

for the McCain campaign headquarters, which is:

McCain for President

1235 S. Clark Street

1st Floor

Arlington , VA 22202

PS make sure you use that link above or choose the pulldown of

Donate--Honorary or Memorial Donations, not the regular "Donate

Online ."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she's smart, she really would make a small donation. It would make her look moderate and "mavericky". The people who love her for her anti-choice views would know it was a bullshit PR-stunt and will vote for her anyway, and then she can go back to giving PP teh finger the day after the election.

Wait, did I just give her advice? :punch

"mavericky" should be included in dictionaries, along with truthiness.

So do we have a case for some cautious optimism?

Apparently, FL and VA are verrry close, and even a red state like MT may come into real play.

Fingers crossed :thumbup

Keep your fingers crossed here too! We haven't been Blue since LBJ in '64. :blink

Thank you.

News cycle will bring upswings and downswings. I suspect it will still be real close, with Obama taking the upper Midwest states, PA, NH, CO, and NM. I think McCain will take FL, VA, OH, IN, and NV. That would put Obama at 273.

Well, a win's a win. Seriously though - as we were talking about last night - I think we cannot stress enough how important it is to get the young folks out to vote. Barack has signed up so many new voters, and if they make it to the polls I don't think it will be that close.

That's what I think right now. My mind will change 100 times before 11/4. :stunned

Good thing they haven't been going around telling everyone they stopped the bridge to nowhere ;).

Well Biden has been using the line "Well, if you believe that, I have a Bridge to Nowhere to sell you."

He should change it to "Well, if you believe that, I have a Bridge to Nowhere that I've approved funding for - for you."

NEW YORK - Republican John McCain says he's directing his staff to work with Barack Obama's campaign and the debate commission to delay Friday's debate because of the economic crisis.

In a statement, McCain says he will stop campaigning after addressing former President Bill Clinton's Global Initiative session on Thursday and return to Washington to focus on the nation's financial problems.

McCain also said he wants President Bush to convene a leadership meeting in Washington. Both he and Obama would attend the session.

ME - .....bawk bawk, whatever. Run away from the convention (Bush), VP run away from press, and now this? You've already said you don't know shit about the economy, so what purpose do you serve in Congress in this matter? It appears the presidential race is more important right now.

If she's smart, she really would make a small donation. It would make her look moderate and "mavericky". The people who love her for her anti-choice views would know it was a bullshit PR-stunt and will vote for her anyway, and then she can go back to giving PP teh finger the day after the election.

Wait, did I just give her advice? :punch

How Mavericky delicious of you, giving the chick advice and all.znu0b4.gif