favorite release of the year, thusly

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that Rod Stewart in your avatar?

It's actually Graham Chapman of Monty Python fame. It's from the fourth season of Monty Python's Flying Circus, in the Mr. Neutron sketch.

I'm going to go with Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago for my pick. Yes, independently released the year before, but rereleased this year too (I first heard it after it was rereleased).

I'm going to go with Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago for my pick. Yes, independently released the year before, but rereleased this year too (I first heard it after it was rereleased).

I agree with this statement. however, I'm holding out for Cardinology to take over my #1 spot on Oct. 28.

come to think of it, this has been an excellent year for music. a Wilco release, be it CD or DVD, woulda been the cherry on top of the ice cream for me...ah well, we still got some great shiz tho!

it's gonna have to be better than 'Fix It', that song is not very good

I first heard it live, and I'm a little disappointed by the studio version. The vocals don't hold up against that great guitar part. I'm looking forward to hearing Cardinology. It's certainly not going to be my favorite of the year, but I think it will make my top ten.

I first heard it live, and I'm a little disappointed by the studio version. The vocals don't hold up against that great guitar part. I'm looking forward to hearing Cardinology. It's certainly not going to be my favorite of the year, but I think it will make my top ten.

there's a version of Cardinology going around with the first 8 songs... it's pretty hit or miss sadly :(

2 or 3 really good songs tho, but 'Magick' is just terrible :yucky

edit: full thing is around now... 2 of the missing 4 songs are quite good :)

still not blowing me away, but the other 4 songs definitely help it a lot

also, the LP cover is killer, which is nice cuz the CD version SUCKS

f_61h1k187bjlm_5843e41.jpg

My NEW favorite of the year:

110628_5_22_2008_2_04_48_PM_-_WVCOVER.jpg

Okay, so a disclaimer: This is my friend John, whom I recorded with over the weekend. We had a great time over the weekend and he gave me a copy to take with me.

But that said, this is a helluva record -- probabaly his best one yet. And that's saying a lot. And yes, it is my favorite of '08 so far.

For fans of:

Eels, Magnetic Fields, Beck, GBV, Yo La Tengo, and other indie pop of that ilk.

Streaming sounds HERE.