It is sad today

Nice work, Chris. :thumbup

Being inept in all art forms except those involving yarn, I figured I'd just make myself sad and frustrated if I tried to make a tinfoil sculpture. But this afternoon, I was eating a burrito from Qdoba and when I was peeling back the foil, I was moved to create:

2896244458_813cc0b901.jpg

She's a big-haired pregnant woman, flexing her muscles. She now lives on a shelf with the drumstick Glenn gave me last year, because the big-haired pregnant muscle-flexing tinfoil woman must reside next to a RSBF relic.

I'm loving the tin foil sculputures. Seeing them and the warm thoughts expressed here make me wish I'd known Natalie better. Life is so fragile and fleeting, as I have learned recently. It's good to see a life that has touched so many people.

I'm a little late, but I've been thinking about Nat all weekend. She was an incredibly special person, with endless love to give to so many of us. Her presence is sorely missed here, and I'm glad we were able to bring her to the forefront of VC minds on her birthday. We all miss you very, very, very, very much, Nat. :ohwell

I've already posted this in the pinned thread up top, but I stole this from sweetaddy (the Elliott Smith forum, which also has a lovely Nat tribute thread), and I think it deserves showcasing here, too. :wub

2900261914_c429d3eae1_o.jpg

100_2357.jpg

Forget Platinum, Elvis has gone Aluminum!!

:yay inspired!

chris!! poppy!! so many fantastic sculptures!!

this thread feels wonderful. and heartbreaking.

thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and emotions here.

i was in portland on saturday and carried nat with me all day. i was staying with good friends. one of them met natalie when we all went to a jeff show together. sat. morning as we were heading out i wanted to tell them it was natalie's birthday and all, so i said, "hey, i don't want to get too emotional here.." they both jumped in with, "bring it on!" :wub that's what i'm getting here, too.

the world was a better place with natalie in it. sometimes i think about why that is and act accordingly.

it's getting to be pumpkin beer season. gonna have one for each of us.

but i've not begun reading harry potter fan fiction. :lol

i would love to see natalie debate sarah palin.

:yes I think we all would love to see that! Maybe someday, in a better place.

Altho' I'm not sure what Sarah Palin would be doing in a better place...!

Hey Nat, I'm giggling imagining this debate. Your spirit is still able to bring a smile to my face! You always will.

i would love to see natalie debate sarah palin.

YES! i was trying to phrase a description of nat's ability to ...dispel...undercut...disperse... STILL cannot think of a good word for how she dealt with rhetoric and bs. and she was never a jerk about it. just clear.

and mel, i really wanted to have spend some hours late on saturday at voodoo donuts, but never made it.

I was sitting at my favorite coffeehouse this morning and had just finished eating a breakfast burrito when they started playing Elliot Smith. Of course, the foil from the burrito demanded attention:

2902168570_5fed761ab3.jpg

A hummingbird.

I don't think I'll ever have a piece of foil in my hand and not turn it into something else.

Though I never new her Natalie, she clearly meant a whole bunch to many people here. I vote in favor of leaving the banner as Natopia. I love foil sculptures, and also being in a perfect place.

If this is too emotionally painful for those who knew her then do not do it, but know that tin foil sculptures live on.