Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have searched my feelings and conclude that I do not give one single shit who wins the World Series.

So...you're saying...you hope the Brewers don't make it to the playoffs for another 26 years...so your daughter will be able to appreciate it better?

After my careful explanation of why I was jumping up and down, my daughter shrugged and said, "So, did the Packers win today?" She lost her ticket right there.

who do mets fans hate more right now, the marlins or the mets?

Two year in a row we keep them out of the postseason. Ouch.

Who are the Mets Fans going to blame this year. Willie Randolph is long gone.

The backstory to today's pitching matchup today is pretty fun. The two pitchers were traded for each other following the 2006 season. "Big Game" Sweaty Freddy had already lost his velocity for the 2006 White Sox, but added a pitch and was an effective innings eater. Gavin Floyd was a failed propsect for the Phillies. Gavin has been pretty good this year, while Freddy has pitched twice this season after having been injured. Freddy is also Ozzie's niece's husband and they are good friends who drink a lot together during the off season.

I figured I'd make an appearance in this thread to congratulate the Brewers. My pain is tempered by the knowledge that Brewers fans have had to wait far too long for the playoffs.

And big ups to the Marlins -- I have nothing but respect for a team that brings their A+ game when the only thing on the line is pride. After all, did the Mets have anything else on the line? Not really. All anyone plays for is pride. That Marlins team is poised to be very good for very long.

As for this Mets fan? Well, he is trying to forget that, yet again, his team has torn his heart out and stomped on it. Third straight year.

Now it's the Jets' turn. :monkey

Who's your choice, bobbob?

Albert Pujols. And it isn't even close.

nl

MVP: Pujols

CY Young: Lincecum (But santana is really close)

Rookie: soto

MotY: Fredi

Al

MVP: quinten

CY Young: Lee

Rookie: Longoria

MotY: Maddon

MotY: Fredi

No way in hell does Gonzalez get that. It'll be Piniella or maybe Charlie Manuel.

MVP: quinten

I'm a White Sox fan and would love to give it to him, but I think it'll be Pedroia or Justin Morneau.

Ugh. Mourneau could be a two time MVP winner? Disgusting.

MotY was kind of a random guess. I went with my guy. I'm not that concerned with it.

metsfanbird.jpg

sums up yesterday perfectly.

Keep it up - in a little while you'll be dick enough to be a Yankees fan!