Post-season MLB

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollinger.

His defense is far to wild to play in the infield, put him in CF and maybe you've got something. His adjusted OPS+ is 101, league average. There's a .025 difference in his batting average and OBP. He's got 61 strikeouts to 16 walks this year. There are a lot of holes to plug in that game.

Guest Hollinger.
Edit: also, what is the fielding bible's methodology for figuring runs gained/lost through defense?

I don't think they've ever tried to give a quantifiable formula for it, but here's Dewan's explanation:

My book, The Fielding Bible, goes into great length (ad nauseum to some) describing the new fielding system we developed at Baseball Info Solutions, the Plus/Minus System. Video Scouts at BIS review video of every play of every major league game and record detailed information on each play, such as the location of each batted ball, the speed, the type of hit, etc. Using this in-depth data, we
Keep it up - in a little while you'll be dick enough to be a Yankees fan!

i laffed.

Good job white sox. That was a fast moving game! damn! Forgive my stupidity but have the white sox and cubs met in the world series? I'm going to assume they have.

Cod damnit: this is jenbobblehead. I hate sharing a computer.

i laffed.

Good job white sox. That was a fast moving game! damn! Forgive my stupidity but have the white sox and cubs met in the world series? I'm going to assume they have.

Cod damnit: this is jenbobblehead. I hate sharing a computer.

yea. 1906 I believe. White sox have their work cut out for them. Tomorrow is essentially their 3rd playoff game this week.

I got your point. I don't know which team faces the most pressure, the Sox playing their 3rd must-win in a row, or the Twins trying to beat them for the 4th straight time, this time in Chicago. Home field advantage definitely for the White Sox.

As a White Sox fan, I'm supposed to hate the Twins. I don't. Both teams are fairly good at disappointing though.

The guy giving him the finger isn't funny to you? Come on!

You are almost as bitter about this as I am about politics.

i didn't even see that part. That is pretty funny! :-)

edit: coddamn it. I better get my laptop back tomorrow!

Edited by caliber66
I figured I'd make an appearance in this thread to congratulate the Brewers. My pain is tempered by the knowledge that Brewers fans have had to wait far too long for the playoffs.

And big ups to the Marlins -- I have nothing but respect for a team that brings their A+ game when the only thing on the line is pride. After all, did the Mets have anything else on the line? Not really. All anyone plays for is pride. That Marlins team is poised to be very good for very long.

As for this Mets fan? Well, he is trying to forget that, yet again, his team has torn his heart out and stomped on it. Third straight year.

Now it's the Jets' turn. :monkey

I don't belittle your pain. But it could always be worse. You could be a Mariners fan. That being said, as long as the Red Sox don't win the Series, I'll be extremely happy. Although, now that I think about it, and I hate to say it, but I might actively root against the Cubbies...because if they win I won't be able to console myself with this nugget after watching my M's blow another game/chance at the playoffs, "Well, it could be worse...we could be Cubbies fans." I mean, who will fill the lovable loser role if the Cubs win it all, the Indians?