• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so right on, I remember when they would sell out in the first 20 mins.

Yeah I'm hoping I get at least one night from the presale. It was so devastating back in the day with all of my roommates on computers and we'd still get locked out. Their presales always worked for me, but this time may be different

Yeah I'm hoping I get at least one night from the presale. It was so devastating back in the day with all of my roommates on computers and we'd still get locked out. Their presales always worked for me, but this time may be different

I know how that goes, our friends would have awesome seats at DeerCreek and we would be out in the lawn.

I know how that goes, our friends would have awesome seats at DeerCreek and we would be out in the lawn.

Well make sure you register before next Wednesday. These shows are GA, i think, but just getting a ticket will be hard enough.

this will not help the economy whatsoever at a time of crisis... what with all of these Phish fans quitting their jobs again that they worked so hard to get 4 years ago

:lol. All kidding aside Billy Breathes was a seminal record for me in high school, I listened to that record more than anything the summer between my freshman and sophomore year. Waste is a wonderful tune. This is probably the least surprising reunion news I've ever heard-- seriously did anyone expect this "break-up" to actually hold, Phish is like the Brett Favre of music. Though nothing of theirs every really grabbed me in the way Billy Breathes did, I'm still glad to see them back.

--Mike

Wonder if they are going to make a new studio album?

I think so, as does the AV Club.

So excited. I have only seen them twice, more would be nice. I new they would get back, but did not think they would so quicklyish.

These shows also fall during my spring break! How awesome.

:lol . All kidding aside Billy Breathes was a seminal record for me in high school, I listened to that record more than anything the summer between my freshman and sophomore year. Waste is a wonderful tune. This is probably the least surprising reunion news I've ever heard-- seriously did anyone expect this "break-up" to actually hold, Phish is like the Brett Favre of music. Though nothing of theirs every really grabbed me in the way Billy Breathes did, I'm still glad to see them back.

--Mike

yeah, BB is definitely a fantastic album, and i quite love Farmhouse too. those are the only two of their albums i'd consider very good studio records though.

and i'm kinda glad they're back too, while the 3x i saw them were a ton of fun, yet not all that memorable in terms of all of the shows i've ever seen, the bands that tried to pick up the slack while they were gone were even worse.

and i'm kinda glad they're back too, while the 3x i saw them were a ton of fun, yet not all that memorable in terms of all of the shows i've ever seen, the bands that tried to pick up the slack while they were gone were even worse.

Boy is that true. I was really into Phish but can't stand anything that was similar to them.

If they do a new album, it better be amazing or just don't do it. The last record they made (Undermind?), I couldn't get into at all. And Round Room had some good moments but overall was weak. I'm hoping for a balance of heavily composed work and funk. I think the fact that they steered away from the more compositional types of tunes had to do with their downfall. It became too easy for them to practice less.

I'm excited for this though. I've never seen a concert like these guys could put on.

Phish To Play Three Concerts

Phish returns to the stage for three concerts at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia on March 6, 7 and 8, 2009.

A limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Tickets' online ticketing system at http://phish.portals.musictoday.com/. The ticketing request period is currently underway and will end on Wednesday, October 8th at 11:59AM EST.

Tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday, October 18th at 10 AM EST and may be purchased online at ticketmaster.com or by phone at 757.671.8100, 757.872.8100 or 804.262.8100. Tickets will not be available at the venue box office and there is a two-ticket limit per show.

The band intends to announce additional touring in 2009 early next year.

Please visit Phish.com to view the announcement video and for more information

Boy is that true. I was really into Phish but can't stand anything that was similar to them.

If they do a new album, it better be amazing or just don't do it. The last record they made (Undermind?), I couldn't get into at all. And Round Room had some good moments but overall was weak. I'm hoping for a balance of heavily composed work and funk. I think the fact that they steered away from the more compositional types of tunes had to do with their downfall. It became too easy for them to practice less.

I'm excited for this though. I've never seen a concert like these guys could put on.

i agree with all your points. i would love to see an album that is a mix of rift and ghost. trey can write a great song when he puts his mind to it whether it be a short tune like Sleep or an opus like YEM.

now if phish is not rehearsing and is just gonna show up at hampton an F up all the written parts and rely on the groove jamming, then it's gonna suck. however, trey made a comment about wanting to play YEM everyday for the rest of his life. so, maybe he is willing to practice the old tunes and get them to a point excellence. it was just so great seeing the band back in the early 90s when trey would just smile as he ripped through, flawlessly, songs like rift, bowie, etc. here's hoping for greatness! :dancing

yeah, BB is definitely a fantastic album, and i quite love Farmhouse too. those are the only two of their albums i'd consider very good studio records though.

story of the ghost is my favorite studio album. rift is next. it's too long though.

All points indicate this will be better than the "post-hiatus" era.

Sounds like Trey finally has his shit together, and that the band is doing this on their own terms. There's been a lot of talk that there was some pressure put on them to return back in 03-04.

Yeah I agree there. Farmhouse and BB are their only albums I'll listen to the entire way through. Rift would be a great album with a little bit of editing. I can't even remember Story of the Ghost, I had it at one point but haven't listened to it in about six years. I don't think I ever heard Undermind the whole way through. I did like parts of Round Room.

Live they were a trip. It'll be nice to see them back. Jambands tend to get a pretty rap, and there are quite a few of them like in any genre of music that are godawful, but Phish is pretty interesting and worth checking out, though there are some frustrating moments in their catalog.

--Mike