Now Playing: October, 2008

save for 3-4 songs i'm not totally in love with the album, but i saw him w/ Laura Marling last month and LOVED his live show. reminded me of Langhorn Slim a bit.

very talented dude

Yeah I mean it's not flawless by any means, there is quite a bit of filler I think, but I really love the whole feel of the album and I really dig his lyrics.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a rough mix of our wedding cd

be sure to post the tracklist. I had so much fun making mine. I started with Mellow Mood by Bob Marley (I'll play your favorite sonnnnnng, darling!!) and went into Strawberry Fields Forever (we got married at Strawberry Fields in central park). How's that for a 1-2 punch. I think people at the wedding were like, yep, this is a MattZ dj'd wedding. :)

I still pull it out and listen to it every once in awhile. It transports me back to the day like nothing else can. More than 5 yrs later.

NP: Cardinology

be sure to post the tracklist. I had so much fun making mine. I started with Mellow Mood by Bob Marley (I'll play your favorite sonnnnnng, darling!!) and went into Strawberry Fields Forever (we got married at Strawberry Fields in central park). How's that for a 1-2 punch. I think people at the wedding were like, yep, this is a MattZ dj'd wedding. :)

I still pull it out and listen to it every once in awhile. It transports me back to the day like nothing else can. More than 5 yrs later.

NP: Cardinology

this is for the cd we're giving out as a gift.

i haven't even started the actually wedding tracklist. a certain former mod from this board is our dj

41YeCCZXfvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Wow, I'm liking this one a lot. It's the first Deerhunter album I've gotten (not counting the atlas sound album). I like it. What else is good by these guys?

Listening to that just yesterday....really like it a lot too.

Cryptograms is their only other work I'm familiar with...it's good but I'm liking Microcastle better.

NP:

141.jpg

61SPX03l0LL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I really need to pick this up!

Is it readily available at last, or only available for a kabillion dollars as a collectors' item?

I only see it at Amazon for $50.

Oh, and today I'm listening to overflow from yesterday (Brinsley Schwarz and John Cale), and then, this:

c529812jfk7.jpg

41YeCCZXfvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Wow, I'm liking this one a lot. It's the first Deerhunter album I've gotten (not counting the atlas sound album). I like it. What else is good by these guys?

I could see this becoming my favorite release of the year. It's a whole album full of the best parts of Cryptograms.

Just got done with Microcastle again and now onto Weird Era Cont.

And how did you like Laura Marling? I loved her videos enough to buy the album (released early in 2008), and am quite pleased with it as well. She's one of the revelations of the year to me. 18 years old only, I think. Pure talent, I say!

i tried to see her first at SXSW but it was at some out of the way place

but yeah, she's incredibly talented for 19 (just turned), definitely

she could use a bit of a boost to her stage presence and confidence live, but when you consider her age, it's pretty easy to realize that will likely improve with time.

just sad that only about 30 people showed up for the show :/

this is for the cd we're giving out as a gift.

i haven't even started the actually wedding tracklist. a certain former mod from this board is our dj

I'm doing something similar. We are having a bluegrass band play during the ceremony, but I am using iTunes for the dinner music and for the reception. I don't have a playlist, per se, but I do have collections of songs that CAN be played. For example, there is a playlist for slow dance music, one for dinner music, one for upbeat dinner music, one for "fun" dance music (stuff like Michael Jackson and Journey). Friends will take turns DJing.

I am not making mix CDs for everyone, but I am giving my groomsmen and our officiant (who is a close friend) personalized, pre-loaded iPods. I haven't even started with the personalized mixes yet.

NP: Malkmus - Real Emotional Trash