• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"it's been bugging me for a while - it's uriah heep, not heap."

Rainboooow Deeeemon!

Oh and Palin is bad.

So I guess that Palin bump is gone, huh? :unsure

Don't worry. It'll return. Hell, she's probably pregnant again already.

hopefully, for her sake, palin can go back and still be an effective governor, 'cause it seemed like she was doing a good job at that level. how much as she damaged her credibility, though, with this vice presidential folly?

There's been a big ongoing stir here in OH over the concept of same-day voting--ie, there is an overlap this week where you can register to vote and fill out a paper ballot at the same time. One side is shouting about the potential for voter fraud, the other is suggesting the complainers are primarily interested in weeding out voters by giving them more hoops to jump through.

I'm not sure I have strong opinion about it, I just feel like I'm missing out on the whole controversy by already being registered. :( Can I un-register and then re-register so I can be part of this controversy? I just feel like this election isn't exciting enough. :ninja

John Smith said, "Did I call her moron? Have you listened to her interviews? Do they make sense to you? Has she been treated unfairly for her performances? Give answers with specifics. You already know the specifics of how people come up with the moron label prove everyone wrong, say something good about her not knowing any supreme court decisions... Say soemthign good abotu her "You can see Russia from Alaska" comments. Say soemthing positive about her energy comments and molecules explanation. Tangibly support her as people have tangibly shown her ineptitude. Simply tossing out fluff without substance does nto help yo or your cause."

I don't think so.

Yes.

Sometimes.

Harshly, but not unfairly.

I'm not going to spend hours and days researching her every step as Governor of Alaska. Based on her recent responses, she DOES seem out of her league. But part of that is that the McCain camp shooled her on what to say and how to respond to various questions. It was VERY obvious to me that that was the case, as she seemed like a totally different person than the person giving the speech at the RNC.

I'll grant you that she doesn't have the intellect of most....maybe all.....VP's of history. But a HUGE part of being a good leader is connecting to people and making people feel comfortable and good about themselves. Like it or not, she DOES do that.

Ronald Reagan (I'm guessing you just rolled your eyes in disgust and/or vomited) probably had less foreign experience than Palin. Many didn't think Reagan was qualified to be President. But he was strong and had convictions and made people comfortable. I think of a President as a football coach....the best coaches surround themselves with great, smart, work-aholic assistant coaches and try to get the best athletes they can find. Reagan surrounded himself with such people to help him.

To me, Palin seems to be the kind who is VERY MUCH a people person and a listener and learner. I have NO doubt that, should she be VP, she'll get up to speed.

And I should remind all that it is JOHN McCAIN who would be President, not Sarah Palin. It's been 45 years that a President died in office.

And I should remind all that it is JOHN McCAIN who would be President, not Sarah Palin. It's been 45 years that a President died in office.

Correct on both counts but McCain's VP choice speaks to his judgement and he would be the oldest at inauguration by 3 years.

I think of a President as a football coach....the best coaches surround themselves with great, smart, work-aholic assistant coaches and try to get the best athletes they can find. Reagan surrounded himself with such people to help him.

And as the potential next President, who was McCain's first choice for his team?

Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin does not make me feel good about myself.

Ronald Reagan (I'm guessing you just rolled your eyes in disgust and/or vomited) probably had less foreign experience than Palin. Many didn't think Reagan was qualified to be President. But he was strong and had convictions and made people comfortable.

reagan had been deeply interested and involved in national politics for years before even becoming governor of california. palin started thinking about national policy a few weeks ago.

I think of a President as a football coach....

so you'd hire a guy as your coach who knew nothing about football and yet "made people feel comfortable and good about themselves"?

Reagan for decades had been passionate about his opposition to Communism, so the man obviously had thoughts about the wider world.

It was VERY obvious to me that that was the case, as she seemed like a totally different person than the person giving the speech at the RNC.

Of course. The speech at the RNC was mostly written before she was chosen as VP and was read off of a teleprompter.

i'm stuck because i don't want obama to be president and yet i'm not sure i can bring myself to vote for mccain.

would it really be that bad if Obama wins? seriously. I think not.

i'm stuck because i don't want obama to be president and yet i'm not sure i can bring myself to vote for mccain.

Understandable. I hope that the candidate that I agree with the most, issue-wise, is never the one I disagree with the most on the principle of who's best for the nation. I hope that I would go with my over-all principle. I do not envy you.

As much as I'm getting tired of hearing the line about Palin being "one 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency", I can't disagree that its a major issue, either. Not to mention his multiple bouts with melanoma. Its not a particularly PC thing to say out loud--ageism and all that--but its hard to feel particularly confident about his health and it became a much larger issue for me when he selected Palin, whom under no circumstances do I ever want to see sworn in as president.

What’s the mood going to be like around here when the inevitable happens and McCain wins and Obama goes back to being just a plain old Senator?

Set the Wayback Machine for VC circa Nov. '04. It'll be something like that.

It that because he isn't a conservative? Who was the strong fiscal conservative vote on the GOP side this go-around? I honestly think if McCain would have picked that person as GOP, the most recent polls would at least be flipped.

It that because he isn't a conservative? Who was the strong fiscal conservative vote on the GOP side this go-around? I honestly think if McCain would have picked that person as GOP, the most recent polls would at least be flipped.

well, i have a few problems with mccain, but the one that will probably prevent me from voting for him is his vp selection.