The like, newest new election thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a brainwashed talking point recitation machine who apparently has not one original thought or phrase to utter in support of her chosen candidates. On the view today they got into a heated discussion of Sara Palins qualifications to be president. Lizzy recited the usual litany of talking points. Among other things she called Palin and energy expert, and said she has led a brigade, ummmm not really on either point she is simply the titular head of the NG up there and has led nothing, and well, she showed what an expert on energy she is yesterday. And how Barbra basically said day after day you say there is only your way and no middle ground, kind of dressed her down. Then asked her to articulate why Palin is qualified to be president, the answer? Lizzy had none so she launched into Obama. Republicans should be embarrassed at the empty suits they nominated to run, just embarrassed.

The video is up at Huffington Post.

I thought Elizabeth Hasselback was super hot when she was on Survivor. She seemed to get better looking as the show went on. Highly unusual. Although still attractive, her personality has lessened her attractiveness in my eyes. I just figured everyone would like to know this.

Anybody catch the most recent installment of Couric's interview with Palin? Highly embarrassing. CBS Interview

I thought the following was most damning:

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

Or maybe her stance on global warming. Or creationism. Or the morning after pill.

Anybody catch the most recent installment of Couric's interview with Palin? Highly embarrassing. CBS Interview

I thought the following was most damning:

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

Or maybe her stance on global warming. Or creationism. Or the morning after pill.

To me, this is an odd line of questioning. Why does it matter? Why is it necessary for her to single out some of the publications she has read?

To me, this is an odd line of questioning. Why does it matter? Why is it necessary for her to single out some of the publications she has read?

I think the answer is much more odd than the question. It seems like she's having some trouble thinking on her feet. Could she not have come up with a diplomatic non-answer that would have ended the line of questioning? Something about how she reads her local newspaper, she watches CNN and Fox (and CBS!) because she likes to get a range of perspectives, blah blah blah...

Instead, she ends up in that "Alaska is not a foreign country" place. What? How did she get there? That's certainly not implied by the line of questioning, but she gets weird and defensive, instead of just putting something half-way acceptable out there and moving on to the next question.

I think the answer is much more odd than the question. It seems like she's having some trouble thinking on her feet. Could she not have come up with a diplomatic non-answer that would have ended the line of questioning? Something about how she reads her local newspaper, she watches CNN and Fox (and CBS!) because she likes to get a range of perspectives, blah blah blah...

Instead, she ends up in that "Alaska is not a foreign country" place. What? How did she get there? That's certainly not implied by the line of questioning, but she gets weird and defensive, instead of just putting something half-way acceptable out there and moving on to the next question.

I would agree with that, too. But, sometimes, stupid questions get stupid answers.

Would you want to know if Obama read "Muslims Today" or "William Ayers Journal"?

Clearly I'm making it up but you can see how what one reads can influence thinking.

She was too busy thinking "don't say Hustler, don't say Hustler, don't say Hustler"

I don't know why, but thank God she did ask it.

I would agree with that, too. But, sometimes, stupid questions get stupid answers.

Yeah, but not all stupid answers end up getting played over and over on YouTube. She's got to develop some sense of how to deal more effectively with those stupid questions, or it's only going to get worse.

I think the question of "where do you get your information that shapes your world view" is perfectly valid. It was asked because it is not clear that she is in touch with much of anything worldly. If Obama had asked AJ Pierzinski (sp, sorry sox fans--writing on the fly here) to be his Vice President, I am sure the same question would be asked of him.

Would you want to know if Obama read "Muslims Today" or "William Ayers Journal"?

Clearly I'm making it up but you can see how what one reads can influence thinking.

So what one reads can influence thinking, but the people you associate with as a young and upcoming politician doesn't?

Also, I think it's worth noting that the "line of questioning" only developed because she made a lame attempt to side-step a single question. It should have been a throw-away.

So what one reads can influence thinking, but the people you associate with as a young and upcoming politician doesn't?

The difference is vast.

Yeah, but not all stupid answers end up getting played over and over on YouTube. She's got to develop some sense of how to deal more effectively with those stupid questions, or it's only going to get worse.

I completely agree. Let me be clear, I'm not trying to defend Palin in this instance. I just think those are odd follow-up questions to the initial one she asked. As a part-time reporter and the husband of one, it initially stuck out to me.

The difference is vast.

I completely agree.

Like the pagent people and Alaska Independance people or the church she belonged to until she got into politics Palin has had in her life? I'm pretty sure that is where you were going...right?

Like the pagent people and Alaska Independance people or the church she belonged to until she got into politics Palin has had in her life? I'm pretty sure that is where you were going...right?

I guess if you keep trying to run Obama against Palin, maybe it will come true.

But to say any of those above things are worse than Obama's associations throughout his life and career is to stick your head in the sand and ignore the obvious.