The like, newest new election thread

I guess if you keep trying to run Obama against Palin, maybe it will come true.

But to say any of those above things are worse than Obama's associations throughout his life and career is to stick your head in the sand and ignore the obvious.

And what would that be?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is valid to know how a candidate gets his or her news. They should be getting news from a variety of sources so they can make independent judgments, and won't be subject to adopting whatever position is fed to them by those around them.

It is valid to know how a candidate gets his or her news. They should be getting news from a variety of sources so they can make independent judgments, and won't be subject to adopting whatever position is fed to them by those around them.

she reads all of them. Every newspaper and magazine. what part of that don't you understand?

You know how sometimes one dislikes a musical artist's fans more than that artist? I think some of that (I still recognize the disdain of the candidate herself) is in play with the criticism of palin. I think it frightens a lot of you that so many americans agree with her points of view. No? Just wondering.

You know how sometimes one dislikes a musical artist's fans more than that artist? I think some of that (I still recognize the disdain of the candidate herself) is in play with the criticism of palin. I think it frightens a lot of you that so many americans agree with her points of view. No? Just wondering.

Well, yes. her fans frighten me because they cannot tell me why they like her. I appreciate that she's a looker, and she's probably incredibly capable, i mean I couldn't shoot and gut a moose, I can't even change a tire, but i bet she can. I am willing to bet there are a lot of things about her that are actually quite appealing and able to do all kinds of stuff, that no one even knows about because she instead is being trotted out for a position she is in no way qualified for and yet her fans cannot tell us why she is qualified.

Well, yes. her fans frighten me because they cannot tell me why they like her. I appreciate that she's a looker, and she's probably incredibly capable, i mean I couldn't shoot and gut a moose, I can't even change a tire, but i bet she can. I am willing to bet there are a lot of things about her that are actually quite appealing and able to do all kinds of stuff, that no one even knows about because she instead is being trotted out for a position she is in no way qualified for and yet her fans cannot tell us why she is qualified.

Because it turns out that she isn't. I bet it would be hard to find too many fans at this point.

yes, very frightening, though the number of americans thinking she'd make a good v.p., for whatever reason, seems to be dwindling. this could be a reason to celebrate americans' ability to eventually choose even slightly longer-term evaluation over love at first sight, at least when it comes to basic leadership. we'll see.

Well, you knew it had to happen, here we have the right manufacturing a controversy that will surely be used to dampen the damage Palin will undoubtedly do the GOP ticket tomorrow night - any and all failures on her part will be placed squarely on the moderator, Gwen Ifill. So fucking sad and predictable. The irony is, is that in all likelihood, Ifill will be a bit more forceful with Biden to make up for any imagined liberal bias - Ifill is a consummate pro.

Controversy brews up around VP debate moderator Ifill

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/01/gwen.ifill/index.html

Well, you knew it had to happen, here we have the right manufacturing a controversy that will surely be used to dampen the damage Palin will undoubtedly do the GOP ticket tomorrow night - any and all failures on her part will be placed squarely on the moderator, Gwen Ifill. So fucking sad and predictable. The irony is, is that in all likelihood, Ifill will be a bit more forceful with Biden to make up for any imagined liberal bias - Ifill is a consummate pro.

Controversy brews up around VP debate moderator Ifill

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/01/gwen.ifill/index.html

hollow controversy. all they have to do is sit back, let others stick their necks out, and then poke with sticks. sort of like so-called "debate" that takes place on some message boards.

Also, it's official, I'm moving into defecting to Vermont.

Last time I was in that state, there were a bunch of stickers up: "Ban Corporate Snowboarding."

Ifill is a consummate pro.

This is 1000% true. I am sure she will do just fine. Right wing conspiracy theorists will have little/nothing to hang their hats on. I mean, she isn't going to answer the questions (which are heavily scripted I wager) for Palin. Gov Palin will get to do that all by herself.

I'm just so pleased that I might have made a point in this thread (I do not support palin, just for clarification)

But I do think the point I made is valid. I once enjoyed dave matthews when I was in college and he was a nobody. Now I refuse to go to his shows in part because of his recordings but mostly because of the fans I would have to endure.

I'm just so pleased that I might have made a point in this thread (I do not support palin, just for clarification)

But I do think the point I made is valid. I once enjoyed dave matthews when I was in college and he was a nobody. Now I refuse to go to his shows in part because of his recordings but mostly because of the fans I would have to endure.

i'm getting confused. is this the election thread or the red sox i mean baseball playoffs thread?