New Andrew Bird LP

New Andrew Bird album, "Noble Beast," is coming out this January.

Stream new song here: Oh No

Tracklisting via Pitchfork

01 Oh No

02 Masterswarm

03 Fitz and the Dizzyspells

04 Effigy

05 Tenuousness

06 Nomenclature

07 Not a Robot, But a Ghost

08 Anonanimal

09 Natural Disaster

10 Confess

11 Souverian

12 On Ho!

I couldn't be more excited.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the album with Glenn is suppose to be instrumental, yes??!

Anyways, horay! I can't wait. I was just listening to Armchair the other day, what a great record.

looks like i know who's tour i am watching next. sounds good

His show last night here in Ithaca was lovely. I had a front row center seat, and it pretty much felt like he was playing just for me. The sound quality at the State Theatre was fantastic--he even said it was his favorite room he'd sung in as long as he could remember (here's hoping that he mentions that to Wilco...)--and the crowd was respectfully quiet at all the right times but enthusiastic, too.

He played two songs from the new album last night, Natural Disaster and Fitz and the Dizzyspells, the latter of which he'd never played by himself before and seemed to decide to on a whim. It was inspired by a night he spent in a cheap motel in Windsor, Canada, some years ago, back when he was touring by himself with all his equipment in his car. He got up in the morning and found that someone had slid a note under the door that simply read: "You woke me up." He said he'd just watched TV and had gone to sleep, so he had no idea what kind of night terrors he must've been having. He said the album has a natural history theme and that he just finished it two days ago and actually still likes it.

This and Nels's new solo album are probably my most-awaited releases for the first quarter of next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...