New Andrew Bird LP

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the streams or the pieces on the extra disk and I gotta say this is some great stuff, based on just that. The fact that it is just straight up playing is really great. That material is worth its own release and certainly worth the extra dough. Count me in.

LouieB

ugh... i can't justify $26 for the deluxe AND $22 for the LP

sucks they couldn't have done a version of the LP w/ the instrumental CD :(

yea, that was sort of my thought too....

One more way to get some dough from the fans I guess. The deluxe will just have to do for me.

LouieB

His show last night here in Ithaca was lovely. I had a front row center seat, and it pretty much felt like he was playing just for me. The sound quality at the State Theatre was fantastic--he even said it was his favorite room he'd sung in as long as he could remember (here's hoping that he mentions that to Wilco...)--and the crowd was respectfully quiet at all the right times but enthusiastic, too.

He played two songs from the new album last night, Natural Disaster and Fitz and the Dizzyspells, the latter of which he'd never played by himself before and seemed to decide to on a whim. It was inspired by a night he spent in a cheap motel in Windsor, Canada, some years ago, back when he was touring by himself with all his equipment in his car. He got up in the morning and found that someone had slid a note under the door that simply read: "You woke me up." He said he'd just watched TV and had gone to sleep, so he had no idea what kind of night terrors he must've been having. He said the album has a natural history theme and that he just finished it two days ago and actually still likes it.

This and Nels's new solo album are probably my most-awaited releases for the first quarter of next year.

Sounds awesome, wish I were there. The state theater is a great place to see a show. I saw String Cheese Incident there a few years ago. I had tickets for cope a few weeks back but things got in the way. Great lineup past two months, bird, cope, bragg. If wilco were to come, I'll see you there haha

I'm hoping to do some sort of release party at the Hideout! :nailbite

(A little scared about that fitting in on AAA remark though.)

i dunno... he gets played ALL the time on the AAA station here already (89.3 The Current)

i dunno... he gets played ALL the time on the AAA station here already (89.3 The Current)

The Current is nothing like most AAA in the country. Drive on down in Madison and check out our AAA station, and all you get is white man blues.

The Current is nothing like most AAA in the country. Drive on down in Madison and check out our AAA station, and all you get is white man blues.

lol... fair enough, AAA is a pretty broad term imo, some AAA stations are great, some suck

2009 tour dates:

Jan 28

New York, NY Carnegie Hall

Jan 30

Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre

Feb 03

Washington, DC 930 Club

Feb 04

Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse

Feb 06

Orlando, FL Plaza Theatre

Feb 07