New Andrew Bird LP

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you too. I have heard there are plans for the '09 tour to have a full band, though. That may change my mind. Loop-y AB is a novelty that wears thin fast, IMO.

he had a full band the last 18 months?

Did you read of a new one? I was just wondering about him yesterday- he's due for some new stuff.

February 17th, called Hold Time. you can hear the title cut on his site and see the gorgeous artwork

Are you asking or telling? Last time I saw him (which I swear is more recently than 18 months) he had a bass player and Dosh. That's it. I've heard in '09 he will have a FULL band.

ah... gotcha...

well i guess i've considered Dosh & Jeremy (who plays guitar quite a bit too, in addition to bass) a pretty "full band" *shrug*

but yes, he'll have Mike Lewis on Sax and other various instruments, another Mpls local musician

ah... gotcha...

well i guess i've considered Dosh & Jeremy (who plays guitar quite a bit too, in addition to bass) a pretty "full band" *shrug*

but yes, he'll have Mike Lewis on Sax and other various instruments, another Mpls local musician

I've never seen AB totally solo, but I liked the addition of Jeremy more than when it's been just Bird and Dosh. But I am hoping the addition of even more instruments will limit Bird's use of loops which, to me, while an impressive feat, limits the range of the performance.