Chrono Trigger was just rereleased on the DS. That game alone, if you've not played it, is worth owning a DS for. There are some great RPGs on that thing. Along with all of the Zelda, Mario, etc. that you come to expect from Nintendo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is neat, though unethical. Would you recommend the modified version that will support the larger, micro SDHC cards (but isn't supported by the manufacturer)?

I know, but I have been doing this since I learned how to use a computer in the 90's. I've hacked so many things, this one is super easy. The video game industry is one of the biggest we have. You arent hurting much.

I've only tried the original but hear the new one works. The old ones are cheap also if you search alittle. With 2GB you can have tons of games anyways.

I know, but I have been doing this since I learned how to use a computer in the 90's. I've hacked so many things, this one is super easy. The video game industry is one of the biggest we have. You arent hurting much.

I've only tried the original but hear the new one works. The old ones are cheap also if you search alittle. With 2GB you can have tons of games anyways.

True. I was thinking that I might want to put some videos on it. How is the video rendering?

I used to run a ROM site with some friends, but back then it was all stuff for outdated systems that no one made games for anymore.

True. I was thinking that I might want to put some videos on it. How is the video rendering?

I used to run a ROM site with some friends, but back then it was all stuff for outdated systems that no one made games for anymore.

I never put any videos on it. I guess if you want to go all out, you could try ones that can handle 4 or 8 GB. There are other brands than r4 that are popular too.

I just wanted something simple to play games on. I have tons of NES on there that take up basically no room. The SNES doesnt work as easily but have Street Fighter 2. The original R4 doesnt handle connectivity to the Wii though. I dont know of any games that use this except Pokemon. Games for DS tend to run 32,64,128MB depending on the game.

Alright guys I have caught the video game bug. I was thinking about a Nintendo DS for Christmas, does anyone have any experience with them? Near the end of my 64 days I thought Nintendo was marketing way more to children, is that still the case?

Both my nephew and older brother have a DS. THe both play them all the time. Sometimes together. My brother plays the brain age type games on his. I think it is really neat.

I have no DS experience, i just wanted to chime in to say that our 360 died. We got the "red ring of death." Totally sucks.

Mine died on Saturday. :cryin My whole house depended on that thing. I am going to send mine in soon. I will let you know how it all goes.

Get an old school NES and Contra. That's all you'll ever need.

That, and Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

If you have a Wii and a classic controller, you can still play Contra. I think it's $5 to download it and it's just like the NES version. We have it on ours along with Metroid, Zelda, Super Mario World, Punch Out, and Blades of Steel.

Oh and the best game for the DS is Animal Crossing.

I admit I'm tired so I skimmed most of this...

Info for you to know which I hope I'm not restating...

Keep your Xbox in a cool area where air can travel, I mean do not put it in an entertainment center surrounded by 3 walls with no circulation. The internal fans suck hence the red ring of death. If you have the cash buy an Intercooler (thats the actual name) it, which sorta clips on the back and gives you an extra bit of cooling. I've also had customers tell me they put a house fan behind their entertainment center (one with no back) and that worked pretty good. Hope that helps.

Forgot to mention...the DS is great. I bought one a few weeks ago since they had a lmtd ed. color I wanted. I have Crosswords and play it all the time since it has a wordsearch in it and that's one of my favorites. i also bought Are you smarter then a fifth grader and enjoy the questions on there. Brain Age 2 is my favorite because i played that one a bunch before i tried Brain Age. I also have My Spanish Coach which challenges me to remember high school spanish. There are tons of games and every Tuesday we get new ones. I know that Left Brain/Right Brain 2 just came out this week but that's the only one I remember seeing. It's a great travel game and everyone can play it.

When I was a younger man, I beat Contra without doing the Konami code. I tried to do that again sometime in college and have no idea how it's even possible.

Psh. There were a couple superdudes in my dorm who would play the whole game without getting killed. I know that because my entertainment options were limited. I'd watch them beat Contra, and they'd watch me beat Mike Tyson. Good times.

Then we discovered cribbage.

• 1 month later...
I never put any videos on it. I guess if you want to go all out, you could try ones that can handle 4 or 8 GB. There are other brands than r4 that are popular too.

I just wanted something simple to play games on. I have tons of NES on there that take up basically no room. The SNES doesnt work as easily but have Street Fighter 2. The original R4 doesnt handle connectivity to the Wii though. I dont know of any games that use this except Pokemon. Games for DS tend to run 32,64,128MB depending on the game.

So I finally got my Edge card yesterday. I found out that the original R4 maker no longer makes them so all the R4s being sold are knock-offs. From my research, the Edge was the best choice for the money (~$15 including shipping from Hong Kong and I got a 4 GB micro-SD card from meritline.com for $10 w/free shipping). It works great. My only complaint is that the micro SD card is tough to get out of the cart. have not tried running NES ROMS on it. Looks like I would have to run an additional emulator for that.

So I finally got my Edge card yesterday. I found out that the original R4 maker no longer makes them so all the R4s being sold are knock-offs. From my research, the Edge was the best choice for the money (~$15 including shipping from Hong Kong and I got a 4 GB micro-SD card from meritline.com for $10 w/free shipping). It works great. My only complaint is that the micro SD card is tough to get out of the cart. have not tried running NES ROMS on it. Looks like I would have to run an additional emulator for that.

I dont have much resistance with my card, but maybe not a big deal. There is a NES emulator and games that barely take up any room.

• 1 year later...

Acquiring a PS3 soon just to get my grubby paws on this one. If only I had more free time..............

That's pretty much what I did.

My XBOX360 crapped out over a year ago. I was going to get a new one, but then read that the failure rate within 2 years, even with the most recently manufactured consoles, is somewhere between 30-50%.

PS3 has free online play too (plus it's a blu-ray player).

Red Dead Redemption is phenomenal! Love lasso'ing random people and dragging them to the rail road tracks and watching them get hit by trains and stuff. heck yes

I've mostly been playing Modern Warfare 2 since I got back, but apparently I'm not very consistent with my play anymore. One game, I dominate, the next, I suck.

Though I tried Mass Effect 2 on my friend's XBox, it looks fantastic. Like, really fantastic.