Made the switch to a PS3 recently (though I still have my 360, it just hasn't been touched lately). It's worlds better. Honestly, the free online play is great, and to be honest with titles like LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Uncharted, God of War, etc etc, the exclusive titles are so much better. Maybe I'll get a copy of Alan Wake soon and dust off the old Xbox... maybe.

I'm thinking about picking up a copy of ModNation Racers this afternoon, who's game?!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be a run on PS3 units. There was not a single one at the 2 Costco stores nearby, Target was out. Couldn't find one anywhere. I'm really wanting to try Red Dead Redemption.

It's amazing. It's one of those games that's hard to put down. I beat it in just over a week... my girlfriends little brother, somehow, beat it in three days (don't ask me how that's possible). And once you beat it, there's still more to do in the single player campaign, not to mention the impressive online play. Plus, it has one of the all time greatest endings to a game that I've ever played. :D

Once you get it, feel free to add my PSN ID (and anyone else here is welcome to as well), it's The_Cowboy_Poet.

• 4 weeks later...

It's amazing. It's one of those games that's hard to put down. I beat it in just over a week... my girlfriends little brother, somehow, beat it in three days (don't ask me how that's possible). And once you beat it, there's still more to do in the single player campaign, not to mention the impressive online play. Plus, it has one of the all time greatest endings to a game that I've ever played. :D

Once you get it, feel free to add my PSN ID (and anyone else here is welcome to as well), it's The_Cowboy_Poet.

By "beat it" - are you referring to just completing the missions? Or are you talking about 100% completion (to unlock the Fed Bureau uniform)?

I just did the latter last week - not sure how long of gameplay time it took, but certainly more than a week.

Rockstar is supposed to release more add-ons in August.

• 5 months later...

eh, sorry, little late to the conversation. I am Western movie fan, etc...so when I saw Red Dead Redemption, i wanted to get back into the "gaming" world just to play this one game. I bought it saturday and am waiting for Xmas since my girlfriend's son is getting PS3 for xmas. yeah funny i bought my own game for his PS3, but i bought him Black Ops. anyway, been obsessing over this game and can't wait to dive in. Also, im a big zombie fan so Undead Nightmare looks amazing as well.

Sorry Mega Man and Mario, Red Dead Redemption may take me over.

By "beat it" - are you referring to just completing the missions? Or are you talking about 100% completion (to unlock the Fed Bureau uniform)?

I just did the latter last week - not sure how long of gameplay time it took, but certainly more than a week.

Rockstar is supposed to release more add-ons in August.

I completed all the missions. I've never been much of a completionist unless we're talking Ocarina of Time on the N64.

Oh and the best game for the DS is Animal Crossing.

You are my hero. For a year, I was gardening, shooting down UFOs, fishing, and spelunking. Oh, and I was also well known for introducing some odd vocabulary to my citizens so that they would greet me with "Siegheil!" The patterns I laid down on the floor looked much more offensive. Eventually, I offended anyone that entered my town. That is how you deter people from cutting down your apple trees. :P

---

If you're not picky, wait until march 2011 to get the new Nintendo 3DS which is basically better graphics, some 3d capabilities, more games, and etc. You'll also have a new set of games to choose from that the DS could not play. The DS is NOT limited nor is it specifically geared to adult games. It just so happens that the adult market is popular for the DS. There's plenty of games to choose from like Mario Kart (not a platformer may I add), Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, Disgaea, and Meteos.

If you plan to buy an xbox 360, I would highly suggest perhaps placing it on top of an extra large egg carton to keep the air flowing and prevent red ring of death.