M Ward - Hold Time

yup... brilliant producer, way underrated

if i was forced at gunpoint to pick a least favorite song... i'd choose Shangri-La

Matt needs to do a full on instrumental record some day... i'd kill for more shit like Outro

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a movie score? Has he done any?

i don't think he's scored anything, but he did contribute songs to an indie film a few years ago, that's how he and Zooey got hooked up, with their cover of that Linda & Richard Thompson song.

but yeah... he and Andrew Bird could probably quit making records and make a killing just doing films.

What does he say in Epistemology?

"I just rolled & I tumbled, down the long road I stumble, while shooting in the dark.... ???????? and finally I found you without ever learning how to I put the right foot in front of the left"

Anyway, this albums golden. Not that it's a surprise. If I had one complaint of M. Ward, it's the same I've always had, I need more. I wish he'd make songs that were a little longer, he rarely even breaks 4 minutes!

What does he say in Epistemology?

"I just rolled & I tumbled, down the long road I stumble, while shooting in the dark.... ???????? and finally I found you without ever learning how to I put the right foot in front of the left"

Anyway, this albums golden. Not that it's a surprise. If I had one complaint of M. Ward, it's the same I've always had, I need more. I wish he'd make songs that were a little longer, he rarely even breaks 4 minutes!

true... but that's better than thinking someone's songs/albums are too long i suppose right? ;)

but yeah... fuck me i need to see him again ASAP. hopefully SXSW

too early to say way there this will fall in his catalog... but it's up there... it's WAY up there...

Just listening now and I LOVED the 2nd song! Does not sound like anything else he has done.

the intro reminds me of of Revolution meets Reelin' In The Years, he he

I guuueeesssss but I'd die just to hear him rip it up Nel's style at the end of a song. I hear you, I'm dying to see him again soon. I still think I loved when he opened for The Shins & White Stripes the most. It was only like a 5-6 song set, but everything was sped up and extra-rocking, and he also played Requiem a year before it came out. I think that was the longest year of my life waiting to hear the song again! He's playing a couple dates in the CT area, but they're all during the week & I just started a new job.

true... but that's better than thinking someone's songs/albums are too long i suppose right? ;)

but yeah... fuck me i need to see him again ASAP. hopefully SXSW

too early to say way there this will fall in his catalog... but it's up there... it's WAY up there...

the intro reminds me of of Revolution meets Reelin' In The Years, he he

Man, what a spectacular achievement. I don't know if I'll be stoned for saying this or not, but this is easily the best thing Ward has ever recorded. And as for the Lucinda haters... ah, hell, I'll be nice. But seriously, grow some taste, guys.