M Ward - Hold Time

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, what happened? You're with Reveille, right, or were?

I wonder which parties he'll play...

yeah, and More Cowbell.

it's not dead just yet, but uwmryan and I, along w/ Rob from donewaiting.com haven't found enough sponsors to cover the venue cost just yet :/

i'm sure he'll play the Merge one again this year like She & Him did last year.

He's a busy guy on Feb 17th ... Live acoustic on NPR from WNYC studios.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...cc=asc-20090212

To mark the Feb. 17 release of his new album, Hold Time, singer-guitarist M. Ward will give a special solo performance. Hear selections from the new record played live on NPR.org, from the studios of WNYC in New York. Hear the acoustic performance online, beginning at 7 p.m. ET. Following the show, M. Ward will take questions from listeners in a live chat with WNYC's Alana Harper and All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen
yeah, and More Cowbell.

it's not dead just yet, but uwmryan and I, along w/ Rob from donewaiting.com haven't found enough sponsors to cover the venue cost just yet :/

i'm sure he'll play the Merge one again this year like She & Him did last year.

:brow Need some sponsoring? what are we talking here?

:brow Need some sponsoring? what are we talking here?

If you ordered the Hold Time vinyl, you're going to be pretty happy. I just got mine today. Along with the digital download, there was a hand-signed poster and a button. The album art is just beautiful -- it's not the butterfly version but instead, it is the green on green mountain version. Merge did a great job of packaging this.

If you ordered the Hold Time vinyl, you're going to be pretty happy. I just got mine today. Along with the digital download, there was a hand-signed poster and a button. The album art is just beautiful -- it's not the butterfly version but instead, it is the green on green mountain version. Merge did a great job of packaging this.

Just a quick question. I ordered my vinyl copy from merge last week. Before I purchased the site offered three different shipping rates. Which one did you chose. I chose the media mail and it said 4 to 5 weeks. The media mail was free shipping. Can that be right? Lame question, but I guess I figured they couldn't charge extra to have it shipped by Tues could they?

If Pitchfork doesn't give 'Hold Time' at least an 8.5.....i am going to have to whup somebodys ass in the head.

I'll even go one further - I'll personally take their precious little Robyn, and their hip hop messiah Lil Wayne hostage until they give Matt the credit he deserves.

Seriously, what a cd.

I'm not even sure one single song on it's own is particularly amazing, but as a whole, as a single work of art? Wow.

I love all of M Ward's other cd's. But this one seems perfect to me.

It makes me want to buy the best record player money can buy.

Well, Pitchfork gave it a mere 6.8

I guess it's time to put my money where my mouth is....

i was suprised by that too.

This line pissed me off: "Buddy Holly's "Rave On" matches up nicely with Ward's simple-is-good philosophy, and this laid-back remake is sonically detailed enough (another Deschanel guest spot) to justify itself-- it has nothing on Transfiguration's irony-free cover of David Bowie's "Let's Dance", though."

What the the hell? Those songs have nothing to with each other, they are completely different other then the fact that they are both covers...why compare them? ' Yeah, this song is pretty good, but it's not as good as this song' Typical shoddy writing at pitchfork.

Ok enough useless ranting....

Were Transitor Radio or End of Amnesia ever on vinyl?

yes, i have both.

you can still get Transistor easily far as i'm aware (as w/ most Merge stuff), but End of Amnesia is being re-issued on vinyl next mont

as far as Pfork's review... whatever, fuck them anyway, we all know that. Matt's music isn't hip or cool or the next big thing. he doesn't sing in a nasally whine or have tribal drums, etc., of course they're always going to underrate music like his.

some points of the review are decent, but many are just nitpicking for the sake of. if you take the album out of the context of the rest of his catalog, is it great? you bet. and sometimes that's all that really matters to me.

the worst part about that 6.8, is that She & Him got a 7.4, now that's just FUCKED. no way on god's green earth is that album as good as ANY of Matt's records, specifically this one. i dig it, but come on...

yes, i have both.

you can still get Transistor easily far as i'm aware (as w/ most Merge stuff), but End of Amnesia is being re-issued on vinyl next mont

as far as Pfork's review... whatever, fuck them anyway, we all know that. Matt's music isn't hip or cool or the next big thing. he doesn't sing in a nasally whine or have tribal drums, etc., of course they're always going to underrate music like his.

some points of the review are decent, but many are just nitpicking for the sake of. if you take the album out of the context of the rest of his catalog, is it great? you bet. and sometimes that's all that really matters to me.

the worst part about that 6.8, is that She & Him got a 7.4, now that's just FUCKED. no way on god's green earth is that album as good as ANY of Matt's records, specifically this one. i dig it, but come on...

Zoey gets a hotness multiplier factor of 1.1.