It's time for a New Election Thread

I don't want to jinx anything here, but Virginia is on the brink of voting a democrat into the white house for the first time since 1964. i am sure it is not a coincidence that caliber and i just happened to move here this year.

hm? :pirate

you're welcome.

thank you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping that would get mentioned eventually.
Yea, leave the heavy lifting to me... :lol

It is sad but true; it is tacky to bring this up. For my generation John McCain was not really a war hero, at least to those of my generation who were opposed to the war. He has become one since the actual 5 years in captivity is certainly some sort of badge of honor, but the carpet bombing of North Vietnam was the heaviest of its kind until Shock and Awe....more bombs than were dropped in WWII.

Che Guevara is still a hero around the world, but the Weatherman no longer have much cachet, except to a few folks who remember the "new left" and sort of thought of them as similar to Che. While I never was much of a supporter of ultra-leftism, they certainly took a positon and stuck to it. Lest we not forget, Bill Ayers wife Bernadine Dorhn actually did do time. Okay, so bombing stuff is wrong....but who dropped the most bombs.??

LouieB

it's not even what she sayd that's so bad... it's how smug and sure of herself she is...

Yeah, sorta like Palin's attitude.

I live around these sort of people, I'm sure my non-christian kid won't be allowed to play with their children when she gets older. She might put a spell on them or something.

Who got us into Vietnam, anyway?

Truman.