The Grateful Dead

agreed

also 4/25 at MSG and 5/2 at the spectrum were really good as well

is 5/2 the morning dew show?

I listened to it live, it was fairly good but also a bit sloppy if I remember maybe I should download that one. Still haven't herd MSG.

I also herd the stretch of Space>darkstar> king solomon from dc which was solid (and can be herd on the philzone.com front page, there are several other tour soundboard samples up).

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You CAN hear the party "dripping through the speakers" on that 5/11/78 show. Rumor is that the whole band ingested some good mescaline that night, and it sure sounds like it. Not the best 'Dancin' ever, but those vocals are CRAAAAZY.

I'd always herd about this night. I thought this was going to be sloppy but sounds decent enough. The only weird thing is the vocals, which there could be a number of reasons for their antics (even just a little marijuana). Is the rest of the show as goofy?

I'd always herd about this night. I thought this was going to be sloppy but sounds decent enough. The only weird thing is the vocals, which there could be a number of reasons for their antics (even just a little marijuana). Is the rest of the show as goofy?

The first set seems normal enough. Set 2 is when the goofyness takes over. And the Werewolves encore - damn, that thing is just ridiculous (in a good way).

I've always wished there was more text in the Dick's Picks booklets, but I guess if the idea was to keep the releases simple, in order to keep the costs down.