• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point..this sucker is over.....

LouieB

Don't jinx it man!

Don't jinx it man!

Good point...everyone who DOESN'T want John McCain to be President of the US of A, vote for Barack Obama.....all other votes are votes (or not voting) is a vote for John McCain....

LouieB

Good point...everyone who DOESN'T want John McCain to be President of the US of A, vote for Barack Obama.....all other votes are votes (or not voting) is a vote for John McCain....

LouieB

I only hope we don't screwed over this time. I am already reading about some funny business in my state with early voting.

I only hope we don't screwed over this time. I am already reading about some funny business in my state with early voting.

I know....things seem squirelly in alot of states. I dragged my kid home from college because he didn't get an absentee ballot in time (Rosie did...). Every single vote is going to be needed to offset all irregularities.....sick really.

LouieB

I know....things seem squirelly in alot of states. I dragged my kid home from college because he didn't get an absentee ballot in time (Rosie did...). Every single vote is going to be needed to offset all irregularities.....sick really.

LouieB

The story.

I can believe it was voter error, or machine error - at least for right now I will.

Having taken income tax in law school, I am all for reforming that fucking mess. It shouldn't be so difficult to figure out how much of your EARNED income should go to wasteful government spending and games that should have been left on the grade school playground.

Our problems aren't so hard to fix. It's our individual prejudices that need so, so much work.

Our government stopped working for us long before television.

It works for itself, and pretty much itself alone, with some notable and honorable exceptions--like keeping healthcare from those who need it.

I've exceeded my word count limi

The story.

I can believe it was voter error, or machine error - at least for right now I will.

I read this article earlier and thought of you, A-man. Like you, I'm hoping for "user error" here or maybe a glitch with a single machine or whatever. There are plenty of plausible explanations, but it is definitely...unsettling.

Reminds me of that Simpsons clip recently--"This kind of thing doesn't happen in America! Maybe in Ohio, but not in America!!"

Oy. My wife and I are voting early here in Ohio on Thursday. I don't know. There is a strange amount of tension in the air for a race that NBC/WSJ is currently projecting at 52/42% two weeks from election day.

Well I officially voted today in Duval County, Fla., home of 27,000 votes that were never counted in 2000 -- just about all of them from black neighborhoods.

They're having early voting in public libraries. There were at least three poll watchers in the room, ballots are bubble sheets fed into the reader in the room by the voter.

The uniformed clerk who was managing the line told me that at points during the day the line went out the door and around the building -- on the 2nd day of voting. The guy was incredulous how many young people were voting. Lots of minorities were voting at the library I was at. All good signs.

Anyone in the area need a ride to the polls PM me :dancing

I read this article earlier and thought of you, A-man. Like you, I'm hoping for "user error" here or maybe a glitch with a single machine or whatever. There are plenty of plausible explanations, but it is definitely...unsettling.

Reminds me of that Simpsons clip recently--"This kind of thing doesn't happen in America! Maybe in Ohio, but not in America!!"

Oy. My wife and I are voting early here in Ohio on Thursday. I don't know. There is a strange amount of tension in the air for a race that NBC/WSJ is currently projecting at 52/42% two weeks from election day.

I think I saw that episode.

Well I officially voted today in Duval County, Fla., home of 27,000 votes that were never counted in 2000 -- just about all of them from black neighborhoods.

They're having early voting in public libraries. There were at least three poll watchers in the room, ballots are bubble sheets fed into the reader in the room by the voter.

The uniformed clerk who was managing the line told me that at points during the day the line went out the door and around the building -- on the 2nd day of voting. The guy was incredulous how many young people were voting. Lots of minorities were voting at the library I was at. All good signs.

Anyone in the area need a ride to the polls PM me :dancing

I hope it works out for you guys this time.

I delivered my mail in ballott by hand today. Felt really good. I didn't walk away until I saw it placed in the locked box. Just feels important.

My girlfriend's dad says he copied his mail-in ballot so he can frame it and show his grandkids after the election. History.

The story.

This kind of thing makes me so sick. That's why everyone -- and I mean everyone -- needs to be diligent about their vote.

At the time it was advertised as being simplified though. My overall pont though is that if the code is to be re-worked it will open the doors to pandora's box. And for individuals it is not really an issue because for most the code is realtively simple, it is business that has the bulk of the code applied to them.

Did you know that essentially the code is a huge list of exceptions? Generlaly the code says all income is taxable and that it delves into the exceptions, exemptions and deductions etc...and that is where the complexity develops. At least that's how it was taught to me in my youth.

Fine, but it's still too complex. Simplify the code and get rid of most of the exceptions. That way, those that are more likely to hire someone to find the exemptions (i.e. higher income earners) will be paying their fair share. I don't see what you're so afraid will happen if the code is re-worked. Any problems that arise can be fixed as needed. I realize that as an Obama supporter you find the concept of change scary, but it's almost impossible for a new tax code to be worse than the current one.

Haha, Colbert just showed a clip of McCain speaking at an ACORN event in 2006. Why was he associating with those who wish to subvert democracy?

the 3 clips of Palin pandering to the Red Sox, Phillies, & Rays fans after McCain complaining about Obama's comments was pure GOLD

also... the RNC has spent over $150k on Palin's fashion since her announcement:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14805.html

Put on your rally caps. There's always a chance. Just get a couple of men on, move them over, and it's anyone's game.