Has anyone else every had this problem (iPod related)??

So has anyone else had this problem? I got a an 80 gb classic about a year ago and was told I would never fill the thing, no way people said, well Im at about 13,500 songs (which is misleading cuz everything about these say you can hold 20K songs on there....dont be fooled) and I have about 1/3 of a gb left, give or take a few I could probably add 50 songs still...how did I let this happen? I blame myself, maybe Im just too obsessed with music? If only I liked shit like Nickelback and Hinder then I'd only need a nano....It's sad though, I either will never be able to buy any new music ever or I need to do some iPod sacrificing....tough call....or maybe I just need the 120 gb?

Music library expansion is like the expansion of the universe - it's propelled by a dark energy and accelerates.

Before the great crash of 08, I had 50 gb. I"m back up to about 15.

I have the 160gb and is perfect still have nearly half left, I've heard that Apple are discontinuing it since they apparantly people complain it's too heavy which is ridiculous.

I bought the 160 GB last year and have it up to a little over half full (actually holds about 146 GB). I haven't been too good about transferring a lot of music yet from cd, but there's still a great deal of music to select from and it kind of never gets stale.

I have an 80 with about 12,000 songs and three or four movies on it and still have about 20% space left. I think the ratings of 20,000 songs is relative to the length of the song.

the storage of songs on iPods (any mp3 player really) is based off the bit rate & length of song. i think to get the optimum song count on iPods, you need all songs at 128

Really? I had not heard that...I will have to get one

you don't have to get rid of your music if you go over your ipod's capacity.

I have around 150GB of music, but a 60GB ipod.

All you need to do is "uncheck" your entire collection, and start from square one - check the albums that you want on your ipod, or create songlists for your ipod. Then when you sync, select "sync with checked songs only" or "sync with these songlists only"

the storage of songs on iPods (any mp3 player really) is based off the bit rate & length of song. i think to get the optimum song count on iPods, you need all songs at 128

Right. If you've got a lot of GD on there, the song count is bound to be lower. By comparison, a lot of Ramones and Minute Men, song count goes up markedly.

I encode my MP3s at a relatively high bit rate. I did some listening tests before making the move to MP3s as it is my primary method of listening now. I have a 500GB hard drive and I am going to have to upgrade to a 1TB soon. I have about 26,000 songs and 90 days worth of music. So, until they come out with the 1TB iPod, I will be managing my iPod syncs manually.

i always manually syn. i don't even use iTunes to do it though. mediamonkey for me.

i also have a 'mediacenter' pc at home that runs orb & subsonic. orb streams media to a dlink media player & with subsonic i can listen to songs at work. orb allows this too but subsonic scrobbles with last.fm.

Yeah, if you demand 256kbps you're going to fit perhaps half the songs you want on there. Also, just formatting the damn iPod takes 10% at least away from the memory. There's really nothing a person can do about it, except perhaps write irate letters to Apple demanding that the formatted drive space be the advertised space.

I'm doing pretty good on a 4GB Nano (3G), I just keep the 65 or so favorite albums of mine, rotating as I feel the need to.

you don't have to get rid of your music if you go over your ipod's capacity.

I have around 150GB of music, but a 60GB ipod.

All you need to do is "uncheck" your entire collection, and start from square one - check the albums that you want on your ipod, or create songlists for your ipod. Then when you sync, select "sync with checked songs only" or "sync with these songlists only"

but that 150Gb isnt on your iPod all the time right?

I have about 4800 songs/27 gigs of music for my 30g ipod. I never thought I would get above 20 but then I started getting into boot sites like owlandbear and such. When this ipod breaks I will probably get an 80gig on ebay or something, I really dislike the touch especially since it goes to "hold" mode so quickly and automatically. This means, when I'm driving I would have to constantly look at the damn thing to unlock it from hold to change songs

When I went to the Touch, I was worried about the fact that I wouldn't be able to fit all my music on it. But the limited space just allows you to get creative and proactive with playlists and library organization. I don't really miss not having my entire library at my fingertips.