• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had been able to vote, I'd have gone Tebow, McCoy, Bradford. Easy (by very talented player standards) to be an excellent quarterback when you have two 1000 yard rushers. And McCoy probably did the most with the least. But Tebow is a machine.

Oh come on. It's easy to rack up rushing TD's when your coach gives you 4 chances to run it in from inside the 10 three times a game. Tebow's perfect for their system, but if you're going to downgrade Bradford for his "system", you'd damn well better do the same for Tebow.

Ha. And Gene Chizik gets to coach Auburn. I suppose I wish him the best, but he sure was awful at my alma mater. Like he won five games in two years awful. Granted, Iowa State is a harder sell to recruits than Auburn, but it still seems like a stretch.

Oh come on. It's easy to rack up rushing TD's when your coach gives you 4 chances to run it in from inside the 10 three times a game. Tebow's perfect for their system, but if you're going to downgrade Bradford for his "system", you'd damn well better do the same for Tebow.

McCoy plays in the same system as Bradford and he leads Texas in rushing. So either way, I just don't see how Bradford wins.

dude my Sister in Allen totally has a basement, whats weird about Texas is very few sidewalks, whats the deal there?

I wouldn't use Allen Texas as a representative view of Texas. Just one of the most affluent suburbs in the Dallas area.

Neighborhoods without sidewalks in developed areas are an affectation...you know...looking for that bucolic feel.

No, he doesn't. He has his team play for 60 minutes. If I'm not mistaken, that's about how long a college football game is. Shocking.

I am pretty sure Bradford was out of the game at this point, but throwing 40 yard passes in the final minutes against Missouri is what I call trying to run up the score. Run the ball, dick face. We get it. You won.

But let us agree that you and I will never agree with each other about anything and end it at that.

I am pretty sure Bradford was out of the game at this point, but throwing 40 yard passes in the final minutes against Missouri is what I call trying to run up the score. Run the ball, dick face. We get it. You won.

But let us agree that you and I will never agree with each other about anything and end it at that.

Are you coming on to me?

Ha. And Gene Chizik gets to coach Auburn. I suppose I wish him the best, but he sure was awful at my alma mater. Like he won five games in two years awful. Granted, Iowa State is a harder sell to recruits than Auburn, but it still seems like a stretch.

Why in hell did Auburn hire this guy? There has got to be something else to the story.

Why in hell did Auburn hire this guy? There has got to be something else to the story.

Someone on ESPN's Outside the Lines show this morning said that the reason Auburn didn't hire Turner Gill is because he is married to a white woman. The guy who made this statement on the show is a espn.com writer and did not name the source, so take that reason for what it's worth.

Someone on ESPN's Outside the Lines show this morning said that the reason Auburn didn't hire Turner Gill is because he is married to a white woman. The guy who made this statement on the show is a espn.com writer and did not name the source, so take that reason for what it's worth.

If that's true then that's truly shameful. I just don't get why they'd hire a coach who's won 5 games in 2 years. I'm still trying to figure out why they fired Turbeville in the first place.

As for the Heisman, I guess this means that Florida will win the National Championship since the Heisman winner's team has lost the past few years. Go Tebow!

I just read this and it makes sense.

The night of the Alabama-Auburn game after Auburn gets drilled 36-0 a

prominent Auburn booster and board member (not the bank owning one, the

yellow cowboy hat wearing one) calls Houston Nutt to inquire what it might

take for him to come to the turdliest village on the plains. Apparently

stealing Ole Miss coaches is a pasttime in Auburn.

Well, as we may recall Tubbs got a somewhat unique non-interference clause

in his last contract following Jetgate. Auburn pledged to Tuberville that

neither the school president nor athletics director or anyone acting under

their authority "shall discuss or negotiate directly or indirectly Auburn's

prospective employment of any other person as Head Football Coach of Auburn"

without giving Tuberville prior notice. In non-lawyerese it basically means

that if Auburn got caught monkeying around with a new coach behind Tubbs'

back again he gets paid alot.

Unfortunately for Auburn, Nutt's agent is Jimmy Sexton. Tubbs' agent is

Jimmy Sexton. Whoopsie.

Tubbs walks in the following Monday discussing his intentions to resign and

wants his money now that he knows his contract has been breached. Multi-day

discussions ensue and end with Tuberville's official resignation on December

3 and Auburn paying him the buyout anyway because it "is the right thing to

do." Yes, its the right thing under the contract, otherwise who pays buyouts

for resignations right?

Now, guess who Gene Chizik's agent is? Right, Jimmy Sexton. Nutt gets a

salary bump (more money for Jimmy) and an extension. Now, how does Auburn

keep Jetgate II from hitting the front of ESPN in an embarrassing manner?

Hmmm, perhaps by hiring a Sexton client who needs to get out of his personal

football coaching hell known as Iowa State? How else is he going to go

anywhere with that 5-19 record.

This seems to explain the inexplicable way in which this all went down.

Auburn is a second rate program that had a pretty good run the past few years. I think that the past two weeks have really shown this to be true. Sure, it's an sec school with a decent athletics budget but I don't think it is/was an extremely desirable job. I think Gill would have gone, but I don't think others were too quick to jump on it.

2009 Arkansas Football schedule

9-5-09 MISSOURI STATE

9-19-09 GEORGIA

9-26-09 at Alabama

10-3-09 Texas A&M @Dallas, TX

10-10-09 AUBURN

10-17-09 at Florida

10-24-09 at Mississippi

10-31-09 EASTERN MICHIGAN

11-7-09 SOUTH CAROLINA

11-14-09 TROY

11-21-09 MISSISSIPPI STATE