• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why all these teams have to take over a month off.

Because who doesn't love a heavily-corporate-sponsored random exhibition game played a month and a half after the season ends and they players have spent a few weeks at the buffet table?

And, Basil,

"Boom"

I'm having a hard time psyching myself up for the "Boom" era in Columbus. Seems to me that guy runs for no gain 10 times in a row and then springs a decent run and then runs for no gain a bunch more times. I guess it could be fun if Pryor runs the wishbone with Boom and Saine, but Coach T doesn't go for that kind of silliness.

And, Basil,

I'm having a hard time psyching myself up for the "Boom" era in Columbus. Seems to me that guy runs for no gain 10 times in a row and then springs a decent run and then runs for no gain a bunch more times. I guess it could be fun if Pryor runs the wishbone with Boom and Saine, but Coach T doesn't go for that kind of silliness.

Well, he has maybe half the power of Beanie, which is why we see so many no to short yard gains where Beanie would have gotten like 5 yards. I feel like Boom is a much faster back than Beanie was, and to run him up the middle like that isn't going to work as well. At least Boom has played well recently, perhaps enough to make his name feared in Ann Arbor within a year or two :stunned .

And, I mean, he can't be worse than MoWells, right? Lose 5 yards before gaining 7...I mean, seriously...

OTM,

What's the word on Mitch Mustain playing next year now that Sanchez has declared for the draft?

There are three guys possibly competing for the job. Mustain is the most likely since he's got the most experience and has the best arm. We've also got a sophomore, Aaron Corp, who is slightly taller and is more of a mobile QB. And there is also a highly touted incoming freshmen who could potentially knock everyone's socks off. Everyone is expecting Mustain and Corp to battle it out, and I expect Mustain to win it since USC of late likes good passers over running QBs, and he has plenty of real game experience, thanks to the Razorbacks.

There are three guys possibly competing for the job. Mustain is the most likely since he's got the most experience and has the best arm. We've also got a sophomore, Aaron Corp, who is slightly taller and is more of a mobile QB. And there is also a highly touted incoming freshmen who could potentially knock everyone's socks off. Everyone is expecting Mustain and Corp to battle it out, and I expect Mustain to win it since USC of late likes good passers over running QBs, and he has plenty of real game experience, thanks to the Razorbacks.

I hope he gets his shot. He's a hell of a kid.

I'm probably going to both the uf and bama games. Were probably gonna get embarrassed.

Alabama has made a reputation of late for choking when they think they're going to roll over whoever they're playing. Utah is a bad to moderate example of that, but the one that really sticks out is Louisiana Monroe two years ago.

ESPN ranked all the teams in college football based on a made up formula involving National Titles, Heismans, weeks at number one, top 10 finishes, etc...but only since 1936. Doesn't really mean anything but here are the top 5:

link

• 2 weeks later...
National signing day is here!

"meh"

Seriously, our appetite for sports stories has come to this? I don't watch high school football, and even if I did, its scope wouldn't extend beyond the high school a mile from my house, so I have no idea who any of these kids are, whether they merit the rankings assigned to them, and what their decisions mean for my favorite teams.

In short, I don't care, and I can't be bothered to care until I see with my own eyes how well they play for their college teams -- if then.

"meh"

Seriously, our appetite for sports stories has come to this? I don't watch high school football, and even if I did, its scope wouldn't extend beyond the high school a mile from my house, so I have no idea who any of these kids are, whether they merit the rankings assigned to them, and what their decisions mean for my favorite teams.

In short, I don't care, and I can't be bothered to care until I see with my own eyes how well they play for their college teams -- if then.

I follow the recruiting trail all year. You only play 12 weeks(not including bowls). The rest of the time you are recruiting.I find it fascinating.

I follow the recruiting trail all year. You only play 12 weeks(not including bowls). The rest of the time you are recruiting.I find it fascinating.

If you're into it, cool. Do you actually watch high school games (or footage), or do you just follow the rankings and discussions?

I understand that recruiting is an industry in and of itself ... personally, I'm just not sure why the average fan would care. To me, the whole point of having professionals worrying about recruiting is so I don't have to. My interest starts when those kids show up on the college sidelines, at the earliest. (Usually much later, if ever.)

If you're into it, cool. Do you actually watch high school games (or footage), or do you just follow the rankings and discussions?

I understand that recruiting is an industry in and of itself ... personally, I'm just not sure why the average fan would care. To me, the whole point of having professionals worrying about recruiting is so I don't have to. My interest starts when those kids show up on the college sidelines, at the earliest. (Usually much later, if ever.)

Yeah. I follow Arkansas high school football quite a bit. It's kind of a big deal where I grew up, and instate recruits for the most part stay at home. I watch the clips of the big time recruits, and things like that. Of course, I join in on the discussions. Message board addiction.

Yeah. I follow Arkansas high school football quite a bit. It's kind of a big deal where I grew up, and instate recruits for the most part stay at home. I watch the clips of the big time recruits, and things like that. Of course, I join in on the discussions. Message board addiction.

Of course, I have to remember that I live in Michigan, where high school football isn't that big of a deal ... especially compared to the South.