• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the other guy initiated the incident, and the "maniac" was contrite while talking to reporters. The punch was an overreaction, though, and you can't go after fans, no matter how obnoxious they may be.

please. should be suspended for the year. idiot. And if by contrite you mean could hardly speak English, I agree.

The other guy got in his face, provoked him, and if you look at the video, definitely at least nudges his shoulder, intentionally or not. The BSU player absolutely deserved to be punched in the face. I look at him like that "Don't taze me Bro" kid (who coincidentally works for the same paper as me now). Definitely deserved it for being a douchebag. It's not like he's a star. He had one pass broken up in the game; he's a nobody.

That said, the Oregon player shouldn't have been the one to punch him. He should have had some self control. He shouldn't have gone in the crowd. He deserves to be suspended, maybe for a whole season.

The other guy got in his face, provoked him, and if you look at the video, definitely at least nudges his shoulder, intentionally or not. The BSU player absolutely deserved to be punched in the face. I look at him like that "Don't taze me Bro" kid (who coincidentally works for the same paper as me now). Definitely deserved it for being a douchebag. It's not like he's a star. He had one pass broken up in the game; he's a nobody.

That said, the Oregon player shouldn't have been the one to punch him. He should have had some self control. He shouldn't have gone in the crowd. He deserves to be suspended, maybe for a whole season.

Oh, he was provoked for sure. Happens all the time. He acted like a buffoon, however. And the crowd incident was icing on the cake.

All that being said, if you are going to punch someone and get suspended for the year, at least he made it count.

2w3sys0.jpg

I'm hypnotized by it because I can't get over the feeling that there is nothing in the world this guy needed more than a good punch in the fucking jaw. And that's just what he got. It's perfect. And now he'll have to deal with the consequences. I'm just glad he made it count.

Oh, he was provoked for sure. Happens all the time. He acted like a buffoon, however. And the crowd incident was icing on the cake.

I think he would have got like six-seven games if he had chilled out after just punching the guy (I'm with bobs here, the dude deserved a punch in the mouth), but the ugliest part for me to watch was the aftermath and him going after the fans and then seeing him basically carried off the field. I don't think the Ducks will miss his 6 carries, -8 yards stat line.

Terribly harsh punishment. Due directly to a sports culture of bloviating overreaction that espn helped start and most all-too willingly accept. It's a damn, damn shame.

Do you know how many times a replay of Woody Hayes infamous Gator Bowl punch was shown during that actual game?

0, and the camera sort of cut away immediately after it happened on the live feed (or at least the version of the live feed I saw on ESPN Classic). It's amazing how much things have changed.

One thing I found at least kind of interesting is that in the clip ESPN keeps showing, you never see the BSU player hit the Oregon player's shoulder. Someone I work with was trying to make it into a racial thing. Probably not, but it definitely makes him look a lot worse if all you see is what I posted in that .gif earlier and not the few seconds before.

As someone who just witnessed her first OU game among other Sooners fans, I'm afraid to go out in Norman right now. People get really torn up about this stuff! I'm not used to that.

:mellow

It's gonna be a tough road for the Sooners.

Poop.

One thing I found at least kind of interesting is that in the clip ESPN keeps showing, you never see the BSU player hit the Oregon player's shoulder. Someone I work with was trying to make it into a racial thing. Probably not, but it definitely makes him look a lot worse if all you see is what I posted in that .gif earlier and not the few seconds before.

yeah...a tap on the shoulder justifies coldcocking the guy.

Sweet fancy Moses.

yeah...a tap on the shoulder justifies coldcocking the guy.

Sweet fancy Moses.

In the heat of the moment, when you just lost and you are frustrated because you had a terrible game and some douchebag who played basically zero role in your team's loss comes up to you talking shit and pushes you, what do you expect a 21 year old to do? He was provoked and instead of being the bigger man, he lowered himself. Not excusable, but understandable.

I'm not saying he acted the right way, but he sure as hell didn't act completely out of the ordinary given the circumstances. We also don't know what was said, though if you watch the video of the crowd you can sure as hell see some people saying some awfully terrible things.

He should've been suspended, and for his actions afterwards, for the whole season, but to say it is completely unjustified I think is a bit naive.

Geez, still talking about that?

As a Longhorn fan, what happened in Arlington last night is bad for college football overall, I think. Never want to see one of the top playmakers in the sport go down like that. It sounds like best case scenario for Bradford is 2-4 weeks.

Alright, OSU, bring it on!

Despite the final score of Ohio State vs. Navy, I am expecting a very good game.

OSU is notoriously bad at defending spreads, so I wasn't too surprised with the Navy game, but the mental relapse deal in the 4th was frightening. But, that being said, we'll be more focused for this week, and as long as we can pressure your QB early and force some mistakes, it'll be a really good game. I'll also be there, hah.

OSU is notoriously bad at defending spreads, so I wasn't too surprised with the Navy game, but the mental relapse deal in the 4th was frightening. But, that being said, we'll be more focused for this week, and as long as we can pressure your QB early and force some mistakes, it'll be a really good game. I'll also be there, hah.

Doesn't Ohio State have a close game against a weaker non-conference opponent every year? They always win them, but I think Tressel only likes to blow out Michigan.

Anyway, USC looked a lot more impressive, and I am not sure if I trust Pryor to win a big game yet. But it will probably be closer than it was last year.

--Mike

He's a pretty impressive orator:

"I just feel that, uh, I mean he made his mistake, and, uh, I think he just needs more support. I mean, uh, not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone does kills people, murder people, and all types, steals from you, steals from me, whatever. I mean, I just feel that people need to give him a chance. I mean I always looked to Mike Vick and I always will, 'cause I still think he's one the best quarterbacks to me and I just love, I love Mike Vick and I look up to him a lot."

Makes Tebow's "We gon work harder than everyone" speech sound like the Gettysburg Address.