• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news: Given recent trends, Ohio State will probably lose to Illinois next week by a score of 3-2.

Good news: They will likely put up 50 the following week vs. Michigan

I haven't figured this team out yet. Some weeks they have an offense, some they don't. How to explain it? Time to start studying Pryor's biorhythm chart?

Bad news: Given recent trends, Ohio State will probably lose to Illinois next week by a score of 3-2.

Good news: They will likely put up 50 the following week vs. Michigan

I haven't figured this team out yet. Some weeks they have an offense, some they don't. How to explain it? Time to start studying Pryor's biorhythm chart?

Well, I think last week was justifiable, Penn State really contained us really well, they were third in the nation for a good reason. Next week really depends on which Illinois we see. The good Illinois or the bad one? We'll have to see.

In other news, we will beat Michigan by 50...knock on wood!

JimTressel.jpg

brad did you happen to see the asu-fiu game?

My brain is still trying to process the ending...

True freshman ty Hilton did this today for fiu:

6 catches, 199 yard

1/1 38 yards, game winning touchdown

Plus about 50 return yards.

He's got a realistic shot at 1,000 recieving yards as a freshman and he's around the top in all NCAA in return yards. And he's 18. Unreal. ASU flat out refused to kick the ball to him on kickoffs.

During this season of Change (Obama, Michigan's suckitude) its good to know that some traditions remain:

brownjug-110808_300.jpg

Undefeated in the Metrodome. The Jug stays in A2 until 2011 (No Minny on the schedule in 09/10).

Go Blue!!! Beat NU!!!!

And how ironic will it be when Sparty gets the Rose Bowl berth after RichRod pulls a Schembechler on tUoOS on Nov. 22. Of course this assumes Sparty doesn't pull a Sparty and lose before the game with PSU.

Texas Tech is hella fun to watch. I hope they can keep Leach, because it would be very good for them.

This week's BCS

1. Alabama 10-0

2. Texas Tech 10-0

3. Texas 9-1

4. Florida 8-1

5. Oklahoma 9-1

6. USC 8-1

7. Utah 10-0

8. Penn State 9-1

9. Boise State 9-0

10. Georgia 8-2

11. Ohio State 8-2

12. Missouri 8-2

13. Oklahoma State 8-2

14. Ball State 9-0

15. Michigan State 9-2

So this years BCS game will be winner of SEC Championship game (Florida or Alabama) vs. Winner of Big 12 South (If Oklahoma beats Texas Tech, who knows who that will be), unless Missouri stages a big upset

Yeah, it was a good game. Nice to see some offense, but our signature defense (go figure) was a bit awol. Probly a lot of SEC teams hoping to see UGA drop one.

Maybe we can start firing on both cylinders in time for UT and shake that lingering demon. And snag a 3rd bowl game..

Good luck on Sat with Tebow. When he's on his game, he's pretty incredible.

I don't really get how Georgia hopped OSU...

It's actually a brilliant move. Get beat by like 40 one week, and then if you do better than that the next week you have to be moved up.

Whatever. Fuck any poll that doesn't have TT at 1 right now.

Whatever. Fuck any poll that doesn't have TT at 1 right now.

Why would Alabama be jumped for beating the number 15 team in the country? Texas Tech is playing well, obviously, but Oklahoma State has played exactly one good team all year before Saturday in Texas. When they beat Oklahoma, we'll talk. And if Alabama beats Florida, we'll talk again. But right now, I don't see either of those things happening.

Why would Alabama be jumped for beating the number 15 team in the country? Texas Tech is playing well, obviously, but Oklahoma State has played exactly one good team all year before Saturday in Texas. When they beat Oklahoma, we'll talk. And if Alabama beats Florida, we'll talk again. But right now, I don't see either of those things happening.

Tech demolished the number 15 team. Alabama squeaked out a win against the 16 (?) team in the country who is getting probably the worst quarterback play of any major team right now.

Tech demolished the number 15 team. Alabama squeaked out a win against the 16 (?) team in the country who is getting probably the worst quarterback play of any major team right now.

Tech squeaked out a win against a pathetic Nebraska team, too. Not many teams play their best game every game. And I don't think you can punish the number one team for winning by a thin margin against a ranked opponent on the road. You punish them when they lose to Florida.

And as for Georgia over Ohio State, I think it is something they call strength of schedule. A big component of the BCS.

EDIT: Apparently strength of schedule is not a BCS component at all. Who knew?

Tech squeaked out a win against a pathetic Nebraska team, too. Not many teams play their best game every game. And I don't think you can punish the number one team for winning by a thin margin against a ranked opponent on the road. You punish them when they lose to Florida.

And as for Georgia over Ohio State, I think it is something they call strength of schedule. A big component of the BCS.

Well, I thought Tech should've been number 1 last week too.

Alabama has the 96th toughest schedule in D1. Tech has the 17th.

It makes no difference to me who's #1 right now.

BUT....

if Texas Tech wins AT Oklahoma in 2 weeks (since Stoops has starting coaching Oklahoma, he has lost only ONE home conference game!), Texas Tech better be #1. In fact, if they're not unanmous at that point, it'd be unfair.

It will all shake down. Florida and Alabama will likely square off in the SEC Championship, with the winner playing in the national title game.

It will be a crime if the Big 12 isn't represented in the national title game, but it's possible. Imagine if Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma. Then Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State. Texas would still be in the hunt, but if they tie Texas Tech, Texas Tech would play Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game, so it's hard to imagine Texas going to a title game in that scenario.

Which could mean an Alabama/Florida vs. USC/Utah title game. That would suck.

Alabama has the 96th toughest schedule in D1. Tech has the 17th.

96th? That's unpossible in the World's Greatest Conference EvarTM! But I just checked it out and, sure enough, it ain't all that.

Texas Tech's schedule is impressive in the sense that all of their toughest games are bunched together in a row--if they survive Oklahoma, that's a hell of a 4-week run.

Scheduling is such a weird thing, and is really the best argument for a playoff--because when you throw a Cinderella team like Utah into the mix, part of you wants to root for them to have a shot against the big guys, but then you look at their schedule and think "Eh...if there's only ONE game to decide this thing, its hard to argue that they're earned a shot more than who played a tougher schedule."

It makes no difference to me who's #1 right now.

BUT....

if Texas Tech wins AT Oklahoma in 2 weeks (since Stoops has starting coaching Oklahoma, he has lost only ONE home conference game!), Texas Tech better be #1. In fact, if they're not unanmous at that point, it'd be unfair.

It will all shake down. Florida and Alabama will likely square off in the SEC Championship, with the winner playing in the national title game.

It will be a crime if the Big 12 isn't represented in the national title game, but it's possible. Imagine if Texas Tech loses to Oklahoma. Then Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State. Texas would still be in the hunt, but if they tie Texas Tech, Texas Tech would play Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game, so it's hard to imagine Texas going to a title game in that scenario.

Which could mean an Alabama/Florida vs. USC/Utah title game. That would suck.

I REALLY don't have a dog in this hunt (as a matter of fact, my alma mater has distinct distaste for the drunken, ignorant TT fan), but I gotta say...don't count out the crazy man and his bunch of pirates.

Just remember last year:

OU 7 3 3 14 27

TT 13 14 7 0 34

True...last yeat they played in that hell hole called Lubbock, but Tech has the world to play for this year.

EDIT: Apparently strength of schedule is not a BCS component at all. Who knew?

It is indirectly in the form of the computer rankings.

What I find to be an interesting possibility is what happens if Tech wins out and either Alabama or Florida loses a game they shouldn't down the stretch and then wins the SEC championship game?

Do we see a Texas-Texas Tech rematch for the national championship?