Beatles remasters are here!

So they make it sound all good and then sell it as downgraded files?

ha.

Yup, it's ridiculous ... but I believe I remember reading that someone (the Beatles? Apple Corps? EMI?) wasn't going to allow the catalog to be available as digital files until it had been remastered.

To which I say, again: fuck iTunes, release the discs!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To which I say, again: fuck iTunes, release the discs!

I don't think this would be a problem if they released it in the Apple Lossless format. But they may not be too keen on the idea of Lossless, DRM-less remastered Beatles songs showing up on Limewire or Soulseek.

That show ruled.

• 2 weeks later...

At their heart, the Beatles were one hell of a rock 'n' roll - in the most basic sense - band.

I was talking about the Anthology series the other day with a friend of mine - he could not recall that it was on TV. He thought it was just a DVD release.

Looks like this dude has all of it up at Youtube - or the stuff not shown on TV anyhow.

I've never seen the DVD version of the series. I just have the VHS tapes I made while watching it when it was on TV.

Anyone ever heard this? I am snagging it for the heck of it. I've heard a good many of these songs over the years - but not all of them. Some of these songs are not Beatles songs - but rather, songs which some of The Beatles played on.

Songs The Beatles Gave Away - Deluxe Edition (Purple Chick) [FLAC]

The Songs Lennon And McCartney

Gave Away

1: I

The Beatles Anthology

I do not recall waiting that long to buy the cds - but I guess we did, as they came out several months apart.

A nice detailed list of what is in the film.

The Beatles Anthology is a 1995 documentary series, which was released as an eight volume VHS set on September 5, 1996 and was transmitted on television in six abridged parts between November and December 1995. It was followed by a series of 'Anthology' albums, which each topped the album charts in the United States.

In 2003 the complete series was issued on DVD, with an 81-minute special-features disc. Rumour had been rife of the existence of intimate footage of Paul, George and Ringo jamming together during breaks in the making of the Anthology; the bonus disc has covered footage of these never released jam sessions, in which "The Threetles" (the living Beatles) play non-Beatles material.

When the Anthology was first shown on American television, on ABC, the tagline for the network during the time was "A Beatle C".

This clip, from the DVD, gives some background on how the film came together.

i think Bad to Me was amongst those Lennon broadcasts linked from here a long time ago - unfortunately, that blogger disappeared after only putting up maybe 10 or so broadcasts with no explaination. i haven't checked back in a long time though.

i would have rather them do their own versions of these songs than all the early covers on their records.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:omg Wow, that's a lot of material. I wonder how much of it is music and how much is the Beatles fighting with each other. :rolleyes

I guess it will have the part where George gets shocked - that's on the movie anyway.

haha.

• 3 weeks later...
This Friday is the 40th anniversary of the final Beatles concert - the legendary appearance on the rooftop at 3 Savile Row.

As anyone who has seen the film Let it Be will know, the original concert was stopped by the police because it was disturbing the neighbours.

An anniversary event was planned for Friday by some of the Apple staff. The Bootleg Beatles would play on the roof and there would be a staff get together.

But, no.

Westminster Council and the police have stopped it. Apparently it's the neighbour problem again. And safety.

Everything changes and nothing changes.

BBC Documentary about the rooftop concert.

• 1 month later...

Well, shit. I may have to buy one of these game platforms, just so I can buy this game.

Just arrived in my inbox:

The Beatles: Rock Band - More Details Released

More details on THE BEATLES: ROCK BAND are being announced today. Here is the lowdown from today's press release:

• We have a worldwide release date: 09/09/09.
  • The game takes players through an "unprecendented experiential progression" of the musical career of the band.
  • The game will be available as standalone software and hardware, as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.
  • There will be limited edition hardware modelled on instruments used by John, Paul, George and Ringo.
  • The numbers:
    - The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
    - The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
    - The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP
    - International pricing to be announced at a later date
  • Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer
  • Fans who pre-order the game will get access to exclusive content created by Apple Corps, MTV Games and Harmonix over the next few months.

To register for updates about the game, visit thebeatlesrockband.com.

For the full press release click HERE.

sucks there's no real images of the kit or game yet, but cool it's being released in Sept now and not Nov

i doubt i'll buy the Beatles instruments, but can't frickin' wait to play this

apparently the drumming difficulty levels go something like this:

Ringo | Novice | Paul

:pirate

how is this even being thought about when they're pissing about with releasing reasonable quality versions of the actual albums? i blame paul - it must be him, look at his soddin' hair man, for one!