Another new Wilco song inside from Bridge School

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like both of these songs very much. Of all the new ones, I still think One Wing is my favorite, but the new one from the first night--I'll go, I'll go, I'll go for you, I will--is a real close second. If this one should make the new record, I think it's going to be one of their 'hits,' meaning a fan favorite. It's real catchy, yet from what I can tell, containing some dark lyrics. The song from the second night is not bad either. Some of the piano parts remind of Lennon's Imagine.

Both these songs bode well for a great record.

Hey Everyone,

Here is the Youtube link for "You And I".

Jeff Tweedy played this on September 3 of this year in Spain I believe.

I am not sure if this was ever on Dime or anywhere for that matter. The above link is the only part of the song I have heard.

The Tweedy Sept 2008 dates are not listed on Wilcobase, so it's tough to track down the show. Unless you have the passion to do so. :thumbup

I really love all of the new songs we've been treated to. The song on the 26th is amazing. The John Lennon comparison is spot on.

The song on the 25th definitely reminds me of The Animals and the sounds of the 60s and even Pearl Jam's covers of Last Kiss and Soldier Of Love and Throw Your Arms Around Me. So maybe this can work out to be a radio hit like mentioned in this thread.

I still love One Wing and even Sunny Feeling. Can't wait for next year and December 13 for Neil and Wilco.

Thanks,

Kristofor

Hey Everyone,

Here is the Youtube link for "You And I".

Jeff Tweedy played this on September 3 of this year in Spain I believe.

I am not sure if this was ever on Dime or anywhere for that matter. The above link is the only part of the song I have heard.

The Tweedy Sept 2008 dates are not listed on Wilcobase, so it's tough to track down the show. Unless you have the passion to do so. :thumbup

Thanks,

Kristofor

It is up at dime a dozen.

From what I can make out, the song that everyone likens to On and On and On is lyrically superior to it's counterpart. Me, I'm not the biggest fan of On and On and On as well because it felt a little stunted lyrically to me. But this new one sounds a little sharper, more of old Tweedy lyrics while still feeling fresh and not done before. Does this make sense?

Personally, I like the lyrics to You and I the best. Feels like something off SBS, but I think it's quite lovely.

I hate to be negative but those songs are pretty lame in my estimation......They seem flat and uninspired and don't seem to have much of a hook to keep you listening.......I hope the next album has more life to it than the three or four songs I've heard so far........Might they be tired from the road?

I hate to be negative but those songs are pretty lame in my estimation......They seem flat and uninspired and don't seem to have much of a hook to keep you listening.......I hope the next album has more life to it than the three or four songs I've heard so far........Might they be tired from the road?

Wow and I feel the exact opposite of these two songs! I especially love the second one, to me it already sounds like a treasure of a song. I get the same feeling from this one as when I first heard 'Jesus etc.' Now I am not comparing them lyrically, just my initial feeling to them at first listen. These songs just hit me in certain way (more so the 'Sky Blue Sky' did) that makes me very excited for the new album and what it might offer. Also, the songs are new and so I assume they're still working with them. So, if you think they're lame now, perhaps that might change for you later.

Lame might have been too strong a word but they are not very catchy and I didn't care to hear them all the way through......I kinda knew where they were going......Maybe these will be the EP songs......I gave them another listen to be sure and they just are not that interesting musically.......I don't think they come close to SBS worst songs which by the way are really not that bad.......I feel "Either Way" is one of the weaker songs on SBS and I feel it blows all of these new ones away......Hey, they can't all be gems........