Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three young nephews who are half African-American. They have been so excited about this election - and I don't think that, for them, Obama's race has anything to do with it. But they are a big part of why this makes me so happy. Just one reason. But a big one.

:lol

If I were just slightly less lazy, I'd look for your post guaranteeing a McCain win!

:lol

:stunned :dancing YAY!!! :usa

Not that Indiana will change anything at this point, but it sure would be nice to be with Ohio in the "did good this time" column. Good work Scott and all you who came to Indiana to help nudge it for Obama!

INDIANA

McCain ® 49% 1,240,598

Obama (D) 50% 1,247,913

94% precincts reporting

:pirate

Ok, I know it is only 6% reporting right now, but Barack is up in fucking Montana??? Wow.

Seems strange that they haven't called Georgia yet, but looks like Atlanta is still only at 60%. I guess you never know. That would blow my mind.

I know this thing is "over", but I can't help sit here and watch this stream in. I haven't even turned on the TV once tonight--just checked up on the online maps from time to time between trying to put the kids to bed and whatever. This is the first time I've really sat down to take it all in. Amazing. Just amazing.

Cynical bastard that I am, I hope Obama realizes I'll set to work bitching about him pretty quickly once he's in office--but for tonight I'm a big, big fan. Wow.

Palin looks like she's going to cry. I would like to think that I care about her feelings, but I really don't. But John McCain...You know, if he hadn't drifted back into the Bush Camp and chosen such a nitwit as a running mate, we'd be looking at a very different outcome, i think.

Palin looks like she's going to cry. I would like to think that I care about her feelings, but I really don't. But John McCain...You know, if he hadn't drifted back into the Bush Camp and chosen such a nitwit as a running mate, we'd be looking at a very different outcome, i think.

Exactly what I was trying to coherently type. This is the gracious John McCain I wish I had seen in the last few months.

Here comes The President. :party

QFT.

And yes, McCain goes back to the senate.

Congrats to you Obama. I honestly wish you well (and safety) and hope you are able to fulfill your optimistic promises for the country.

I think mccain's words to/about Obama in his concession were admirable and deserve respect. Even said "my president"....

He just lost me with Palin -- and people there are booing!

Is he going to thank Joe The Plumber?

You mean Joe the Plunger.

Sorry....it's the champagne talking. :lol

I was moved by McCain's speech. Very classy.