Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

I cannot help myself, but that black dress with the red business is not at all a flattering choice for Mrs. Obama, and why was Joe Biden's wife (i don't even know her name!) wearing one of Cindy McCain's yellow suits?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincere congrats - you guys done good this time.

That was such a motherfucker of a speech....inspiring. I think as long as Obama can focus on connecting with people, instead of just issues, he'll be a good president.

Despite the too-many si se puede references, I have to admit that obama's speech brought tears to my eyes several times.

Seeing jesse in the audience almost ruined it for me. A racist is a racist. And even though I haven't been much of an obama fan, I respect him for sticking to his message and not letting it get coerced by racists like jesse and sharpton

Go do good things obama. Thanks for forever changing the color of our history's presidents' hall of portraits and for inspiring so many of my dear friends on this board.

I'm ready to pray for your success I hope that you control the loudmouthed hotheads in congress and really get serious, unprecedented work done.

I'm ready to work for you, not for lost causes,

Sincerely,

Neil

I'm sure I'll get killed on here for this, but I was really disappointed in Obama's speech. For someone who has been able to inspire so many people, I thought there was way too much campaign rhetoric for a victory speech. McCain had the more moving speech of the night. It's too bad we didn't see more of that McCain during the last few months.

I teared up a bit during Obama's speech. True story. I need to do something to up my manly factor right now.

I'm with you on needing to man up. The start of that speech was not very good, thanking everyone like an Academy Award winner. But Al Gore our President-elect is not. He got to the meat of that speech and I was spellbound.

I bawled like a baby at the end. At the beginning -- he really covered how hard his (I mean OUR) job will be getting out of the big hole Bush has left us.

I'm sure I'll get killed on here for this, but I was really disappointed in Obama's speech.

I was actually more moved by McCain's speech. But still - I'm not all that upset that Obama's speech was less than stellar tonight.

I cannot help myself, but that black dress with the red business is not at all a flattering choice for Mrs. Obama, and why was Joe Biden's wife (i don't even know her name!) wearing one of Cindy McCain's yellow suits?

I agree! But, I feel the love and wish her all the red devil belly luck (looks like she has a red devil prego-belly!)....this is Party @ the Moontower locked out of VC. Why? MY user name has been stolen..or I'm on 24/hour trouble?HELP ME gogo!

I love U guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My alarm goes off in exactly six hours, but I'm glad I stayed up for the speeches and I have a lot running through my mind right now. Things won't be any different tomorrow, but I'm sure I won't be the only one feeling optimistic that there are a lot of changes coming for this country soon.

I think part of it is that everyone expected Obama to absolutely slay everyone with his speech tonight, when in fact that needs to be saved for Inauguration, which is what happened.

Still a good, hard-working speech. I think McCain's may have been more moving because that's the McCain we should have seen all along, and not just until now. It looked like he was finally relieved of some great burden, and it was worlds apart from the distorted image we had gotten before.

YESSSS!!!!

I was going to walk to Canada if this didn't go my way. I am so pleased...and drunk and pleased!!!

Off to bed to wake up to a sweet morning tomorrow! :party :party :party

(I thought the red spotted dress was weird too.)

I agree! But, I feel the love and wish her all the red devil belly luck (looks like she has a red devil prego-belly!)....this is Party @ the Moontower locked out of VC. Why? MY user name has been stolen..or I'm on 24/hour trouble?HELP ME gogo!

I love U guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why you're having problems, Tam. You aren't on suspension or anything, and your account seems to be in normal working order.

I need to re-watch McCain's speech. I was posting/texting madly at the time....

It was really good stuff. I've said this before here, but I do think McCain got corrupted by his party - especially in the last 6 months. The McCain we have seen in the final stages of his campaign is not the same man we knew 8 years ago. Is this even arguable?

If he would have sounded this good the last 6 months things may have been different, but his stumbling in the first few days of the meltdown (along with his VP selection) was a hole he could not dig out of. It may be difficult for his integrity to remain intact, but the speech went a long way to that end.

Edie --

I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered there, but I wanted to write to you first.

We just made history.

And I don't want you to forget how we did it.

You made history every single day during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.

I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to this campaign.

We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.

But I want to be very clear about one thing...

All of this happened because of you.

Thank you,

Barack

:wub

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

Well hey, where's my sweet little note from Barack? :brow

Ah well, I'll settle for this victory.

:cheekkiss