Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So out with the awful old, and in with

the new and while I'm skeptical that our political system is capable of actually

fixing our problems it's what we got for now.

This election has done quite a bit to chip away at my deep cynicism. It's happened at the human level rather than the organizational level. If change can occur peacefully, now is a moment ripe for that to happen.

That said, it's not going to take much to make this old broad happy after the clusterfuck of the last eight years.

I have nothing but respect for Jr. ;)

I like JR too, but his creative peak has passed him 25+ years ago.

I watched the thing on CNN mainly, they seemed to be more cautious and conservative with their predictions. Anyhow My favorite moments were:

1) 10:01pm when they declared victory. I quickly flipped to CBS, ABC & NBC to see if all were following suit, they were.

2) Obama

the electoral map on there is a hoot!!!!

I was thinking - the Obama campaign really had things rolling with their volunteer force. All around here this week I have seen not just signs, but messages written in chalk on the sidewalks around town. Also, there was a flyer under my door when I got home Monday night. I did not see anything like that from the McCain campaign.

Boy is there a lot of hyperbole on this board today. I am glad that we elected our first African-American president last night. I have hope that he can make some positive change, especially in restoring our reputation abroad. I suggest all who believe he be the panacea to all of our problems please read Article II of you Constitution. His power is limited. We elected a president. Not a pharaoh, a king, or deity, but a president. Humanity has a habit of building up heroes only to knock them down. This county faces huge problems. Let's enjoy the moment, but have a little perspective.

Did someone steal your kidneys and leave you in an ice filled bathtub in a motel in Canada?

I'm not African-American, I'm Irish-American. But if a black man can get elected to the most powerful office in the world, in a country where those with his ethnicity were enslaved in recent history, then not only will my son grow up with an unprecedented perspective in regard to minorities, but also with the knowledge that he can do whatever he wants.

"So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud."

a7145.jpg

I suggest all who believe he be the panacea to all of our problems please read Article II of you Constitution. His power is limited. We elected a president. Not a pharaoh, a king, or deity, but a president.

Bush and Cheney would disagree. :lol

Congrats to all of us who actually voted for Obama, we made history. To all the rest of you guys....you are left in the dustbin of history....sorry about that.

This is an historic and happy day....

LouieB

Congrats to all of us who actually voted for Obama, we made history. To all the rest of you guys....you are left in the dustbin of history....sorry about that.

This is an historic and happy day....

LouieB

Jeez, it

Wow Louie, that was a nice sentiment, I only hope that this is the type of progressive thinking and direction we can look forward to going ahead.