MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fukudome is more of a "take this guy off our hands and we'll pay most his salary"piece than an actual trade asset at this point.

They could send him to Seattle for someone. He'd be a hit. Eric Bedard maybe?

Can't wait for k-rod to become the most overpaid player in baseball. Go mets!

He's not overpaid if there's a market/need for him and if there's an abundance of money (which there is). It's been argued that even the "outrageous" contracts are actually under value for what the revenue is in MLB.

He's not overpaid if there's a market/need for him and if there's an abundance of money (which there is). It's been argued that even the "outrageous" contracts are actually under value for what the revenue is in MLB.

He'll be overpaid for the value he provides to his team.

woo hoo, I love me some hot stove!

I think CC will be a Yankee, I know he wants to be in the NL so he can hit but the Yankees will be able to offer him a lot of dough, also he would fill out that rotation very well with the 3 young guys (Joba, Hughes, Kennedy)....the Cubs should let Kerry Wood and Ryan Dempster leave via free agency and go after CC but I dont see it happening

somebody will overpay for Casey Blake, he is a solid 3rd basemen and those are hard to find, he could end up back on the Indians with Wedge who he is close with, Im a Texas Ranger fan and we need pitching big time but a solid 3rd baseman would be nice as well, I wouldnt mind Blake at all, I really want Joe Crede though if he is healthy, Crede will be a bargin if healthy.....a few other guys teams will overpay for are Jon Garland, Derek Lowe, Oliver Perez, and Rafael Furcal if he is healthy

I wouldnt be shocked at all to see Manny end up in the Bronx

I see Mark Teixeira resigining with the Angels, they will have the money and as dominant as K Rod is they can let him walk with Scot Sheilds and Jose Arredondo both on the team who could close...that frees up some $$$.... a lineup 2-7 of Pedroia, Papi, Tex, Youk, Drew, Bay would be sick though for Boston

Jason Varitek needs to retire, a very solid career but he is done, Sox fans love to talk about how important he is behind the plate and I agree with that but his 672 OPS this year cant be ignored, the Rangers have a surplus of catching and could trade Gerald Laird or Salty to Boston for some pitching prospects, Laird is very underrated defensivly, he is no Tek but he is still solid

Jake Peavy and K Rod are the keys to the offseason, the Phillies just showed how important it is to have a great closer, if the right team gets K Rod it could make them a WS contender....Peavy is going to cost an arm and a leg to get

Dear Santa:

Same wish again this year. Either Angelos sells the O's or world peace. Pick one. This is the same wish I've had for 10+ years and you keep holding out on me. WTF is wrong with you, you sadistic bastard?? I love you and I still believe in you, Santa. Don't let me down.

love,

q23

The Red Sox will go out of character and overpay Tek a 3 year contract.

I don't think they will. I think the most they offer him will be a 2-year contract and he will be in a limited role (2-3 games/week). BOS really needs to trade him for a younger catcher. I've heard the Tigers might be interested in trading I-Rod (not really younger) and that the Orioles' Ramon Hernandez and the Giants' Bengie Molina are being tossed around (again, not really younger).

I also disagree that he needs to retire. He's got value to a team that can afford him and has a need for a limited/back-up role. He's still an asset to pitchers (particularly young pitchers) and young catchers and he can still catch. He brings almost nothing offensively, though.