MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

They grays are actually their primary road jerseys. It's the blue jersey that is the alternate. I like these better than the red BOSTON lettering.

Right, the gray is the same but the lettering is different. I just think they look somber.

The hat, though....

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it is hat. It is certainly not better than the original. Was there any more talk of the 1908 Boston-on-a-red-sock logo?

BOS 2009 "alternate" road unis;

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categ...9543607-5693571

I'm not a fan of the two socks hat (and I own a similar one). The "B" is where it's at.

Pretty drab gray, too. Thin lettering. eh.

That hat will ruin every single road game for me, pathetic money making scheme by the sox

That hat will ruin every single road game for me, pathetic money making scheme by the sox

Remember, these are the "alternate" road game unis. Meaning, probably a few Sundays out of the season. But yes, the hat blows.

As noted above, the blue lettering with smaller font and block lettering on the back really makes the gray stand out as very drab.

I like the "hanging socks" logo on the sleeve of the new alternate jerseys. For the hat: weak.

As to $ scheme: I believe MLB gets a cut (so in essence, the money is divided among all mlb teams).

Yeah, I think the way it works is, the team gets the money for all of its own gear sold within its market (not sure exactly how they define each market). Stuff sold in another team's market or in an area that isn't really any team's market gets split between the clubs.

So what's this about the Red Sox possibly being interested in John Smoltz?

Sox are looking at video of his side session from yesterday and his medical records (he had yet another surgery fairly recently). I think he'd be great for a 1-year contract. Smoltz likes pitching coach Farrell a bunch, likes BOS, etc. He'd be a cheap and nice fit (fifth starter/helping the young pitchers/etc.) They could get a good price on him, too.

Okajima just ran a marathon. Awesome.

Sox are looking at video of his side session from yesterday and his medical records (he had yet another surgery fairly recently). I think he'd be great for a 1-year contract. Smoltz likes pitching coach Farrell a bunch, likes BOS, etc. He'd be a cheap and nice fit (fifth starter/helping the young pitchers/etc.) They could get a good price on him, too.

I like this. I can see the fans embracing him too. Boston loves old white guys.