Any guesses as to what they will play tonight?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweedy called it a "Colbert exclusive"...as much as I liked it I have a sneaky feeling that it won't show up again... :no

I take it to mean it was a "Colbert exclusive" because Tweedy used Colbert's name in the middle of the song. When or if this song appears on an album, that probably wouldn't be the case.

Lots of good band name/songs listed.

I take it to mean it was a "Colbert exclusive" because Tweedy used Colbert's name in the middle of the song. When or if this song appears on an album, that probably wouldn't be the case.

Lots of good band name/songs listed.

or because it was debuted on the Colbert Report. some of you guys take things way too damn literal.

-justin

Does it happen often that Colbert broadcasts shows from a day earlier as the newest show :rolleyes ?

Anyway, until they fixed their problems, you can watch Wilco here:

I didn't notice it last night, but i love that you can see Cap's shield several times during the perforamance. also, John's really starting to look like Marty Feldman minus the bulging eyes.

Hey,

Jody from SPIN.com here. Wilco premiered a new song on Stephen Colbert's show on Comedy Central last night. You can watch it here if you want:

http://www.spin.com/articles/wilco-debut-n...-colbert-report

Jody

SPIN Digital Intern

Thanks, Jody!! We've all been hoping for a way to see it. Spin rocks because of interns like you! :thumbup

It's got fans-go-nuts crowd-pleaser written all over it. If not on an album, it's GOTTA be a live staple.

How many other bands have written songs with their band title in the song name? I thought of 3:

- The Story of Yo La Tengo

- Belle and Sebastian

- Okkervil River Song

They Might Be Giants

Talk Talk

I know there are more, can't think of them off the top of my head.

Yes, bring back the surf rock plzzz any Nels doubters still out there dont think he can play with an ensemble.

I thought the lyrics were great by the way and it felt like such a directly song for the fans great stuff.

do you get the impression this isn't your life? Yes , Yes all the time

i'm not feeling that song at all. it sounds like something they made up in the green room. i think it would have been fun if they'd all swapped instruments, or tried playing it in some interesting new style, but i just feel like they've lost their groove at the moment, and by that i mean they're not groovy anymore - it's not a metaphor.

i'm not feeling that song at all. it sounds like something they made up in the green room. i think it would have been fun if they'd all swapped instruments, or tried playing it in some interesting new style, but i just feel like they've lost their groove at the moment, and by that i mean they're not groovy anymore - it's not a metaphor.

Now granted I only listened to it last night and I had the volume down a bit not to wake my son, but I thought it came off as a last minute idea which I found a little disappointing. That being said I try to never give an opinion after one listen. More over, I'm still just taken aback when I hear the SBS criticism. It was like I was saying about the new Ryan Adams, sometimes straight forward rock is ok. I guess I'm not needing the wheel to be reinvented every time out, I just want songs that connect with me. I got that old Wilco feeling of goosebumps when i first heard "Either way" and "You are My FAce". So the album was nothing new and crazy, In my mind, the Flaming Lips Soft Bulletin was the last album that made me truly rethink things. Those are one in a decade type albums, can't we just have good songs the rest of the time. People are always holding up Radiohead as this prototype of genius because they push the limits. They also sound tone deaf w/o melody half the time to my ears. I'm going through this phase where I want good songs that stick with me, not just cool ideas that never stick in my head for longer than 5 minutes. I'm not saying I want mindless pop, but just solid tunes. Ok enough of that

Now granted I only listened to it last night and I had the volume down a bit not to wake my son, but I thought it came off as a last minute idea which I found a little disappointing. That being said I try to never give an opinion after one listen. More over, I'm still just taken aback when I hear the SBS criticism. It was like I was saying about the new Ryan Adams, sometimes straight forward rock is ok. I guess I'm not needing the wheel to be reinvented every time out, I just want songs that connect with me. I got that old Wilco feeling of goosebumps when i first heard "Either way" and "You are My FAce". So the album was nothing new and crazy, In my mind, the Flaming Lips Soft Bulletin was the last album that made me truly rethink things. Those are one in a decade type albums, can't we just have good songs the rest of the time. People are always holding up Radiohead as this prototype of genius because they push the limits. They also sound tone deaf w/o melody half the time to my ears. I'm going through this phase where I want good songs that stick with me, not just cool ideas that never stick in my head for longer than 5 minutes. I'm not saying I want mindless pop, but just solid tunes. Ok enough of that

Very well said. And that's also great advice for a songwriter like myself. I find myself trying to write songs that sound different or complicated, but I need to try and be more straight forward. :thumbup

But I'm really loving the Wilco tune. I hope we atleast get a B-side out of it.