Any guesses as to what they will play tonight?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice version of "Werewolves of London"......At least that what it sounds like to me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSc8qVMjKM

Yeah I picked up on that as well. It was a fun little tune, nothing earth shattering it reminded me a bit of Kicking Television or I'm a Wheel. I don't think it's quite as good as some people here some to be making out to be, but it was cool to see them on the show and it was nice to see Jeff rocking the white Jazzmaster again.

--Mike

Tweedy called it a "Colbert exclusive"...as much as I liked it I have a sneaky feeling that it won't show up again... :no

This sounds a lot like Summerteeth, but without 1000000 synths swooping around my head.

the apples in stereo did a similar thing on colbert, and they released it later on a compilation or as a yep roc extra...can't remember which. that gives me hope that it might show up somewhere else. unless, of course, that is a new song they adapted for the occasion and will rework for the new album.

regardless, i love it!

the apples in stereo did a similar thing on colbert, and they released it later on a compilation or as a yep roc extra...can't remember which. that gives me hope that it might show up somewhere else. unless, of course, that is a new song they adapted for the occasion and will rework for the new album.

regardless, i love it!

"Stephen, Stephen" is a classic Colbert moment.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

This is a helluva lot better than any of the four new songs that have been road-tested thus far. I agree with the poster who said he can't get it out of his head; it's a Summerteeth rocker! First one in years!

I'm not bitching.....I actually agree with you on the point about it being better than the new ones posted in the other thread.....

i'm not feeling that song at all. it sounds like something they made up in the green room. i think it would have been fun if they'd all swapped instruments, or tried playing it in some interesting new style, but i just feel like they've lost their groove at the moment, and by that i mean they're not groovy anymore - it's not a metaphor.

I just watched it tonight for the first time (I haven't been on vc for a couple days now and I don't usually watch "what's his name") but I've listened to the song a few 12 times tonight and this is closest to the way I feel. I feel it sounds very spontaneous and not in a good way but not a horrible way either. I was hoping Jeff was saying "We'll go" instead of the name of the band!

Now that I've said all this negative shit I have to say I think they will build on this song and the next time we hear it it will sound like this......"We'll go dun dun da dun We'll go dun dun da dun".......it's a catchy sounding hook.......

Sorry if I've repeated things other people have already posted. I haven't read this thread all the way through.

unless, of course, that is a new song they adapted for the occasion and will rework for the new album.

This is a definite possibility. Some of the lyrics may sound like they were knocked off in the dressing room before the show, but the musical structure, chord changes and melody sound to me like something that's been worked on and crafted. It's too good to throw out.

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

This is a helluva lot better than any of the four new songs that have been road-tested thus far. I agree with the poster who said he can't get it out of his head; it's a Summerteeth rocker! First one in years!

Holy shit, I actually agree with you on something!

I think the bridge lyrics are

So many wars that just can't be won, oh oh oh

Even before the battle's begun, oh oh oh

This is all of our arms open wide

Sonic shoulder for you to cry -y -y -y -y

And this song is addicting

I'm a huge Wilco fan and there is no way I could get down on this song.

Regardless of the content, it's catchy as all hell, and it's a fun little song. I don't get why people are getting so down on it.

It's a good tune. Not their best obviously, but it clearly wasn't meant to be. If they put it on a record, I'd buy it. Because I like their music.

Some of the lyrics may sound like they were knocked off in the dressing room before the show, but the musical structure, chord changes and melody sound to me like something that's been worked on and crafted. It's too good to throw out.

Couldn't have said it better myself.