Jeff Tweedy Called Me Today

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup _ When I got to work my cell phone rang and sure enough it was Jeff Tweedy. He was just being my buddy and reminding me that I needed to vote. B) It felt like I was kinda cool for a second.

how?

Is it not the biggest waste of time ever for people to call others reminding them to vote?!

Any idiot who doesn't know it's election day and has to be reminded to vote shouldn't be voting.

It's not a reminder because some people don't know or forgot. It's a reminder to get up off your butt and go vote like you swore you would for the last 6 months. It's a kick in the pants, dude.

It's not a reminder because some people don't know or forgot. It's a reminder to get up off your butt and go vote like you swore you would for the last 6 months. It's a kick in the pants, dude.

If you really care and did your research you shouldn't need that kick in the pants. Shouldn't the economy/war/housing market/etc be a kick in the pants enough?

If you really care and did your research you shouldn't need that kick in the pants. Shouldn't the economy/war/housing market/etc be a kick in the pants enough?

Should be, but for a lot of people it isn't. Social pressure reigns supreme. I think it's good to remind your friends to vote.

When you have a job to get to, and a kid, and the lines are 2 hrs long, yes, sometimes you need a kick in the pants. I didn't. I am just offering up an answer to the prior post about how you shouldn't be allowed to vote if you don't know it's Election Day. That's not what those calls are about.

When you have a job to get to, and a kid, and the lines are 2 hrs long, yes, sometimes you need a kick in the pants. I didn't. I am just offering up an answer to the prior post about how you shouldn't be allowed to vote if you don't know it's Election Day. That's not what those calls are about.

So, because a singer of a semi-obscure rock band tells you to vote, that's gonna be the kick in the pants you need to rearrange your day?

BS.

So, because a singer of a semi-obscure rock band tells you to vote, that's gonna be the kick in the pants you need to rearrange your day?

BS.

I don't think MattZ got a call from Tweedy and it in turn made him vote.

Why would anyone question reminding people to vote? I've reminded everyone I've talked to for the past week and sent out many mass emails. A lot of people don't pay attention or care, but with a little kick in the butt they will. I don't about you, but I like to at least try to live in a functioning kinda-democracy.

BS.

Jeez, man. Everyone is doing everything they can to pitch in. Friends of mine got in vans to go to OH and FL this weekend to help get out the vote, and to help get people rides to polling places. If you're too "dumb" to have figured out how to get to the polling place before election day, should you not be able to vote either? What if you live in PA, are undecided, and some college kid from California knocks on your door and convinces you? That ok? People knock on hundreds of doors and consider it a victory if they get 5 people to the polls. Maybe Jeff was doing the same. Either way, who cares?

This is the first time that I have felt like people are coming together to work for the common good in a long time, and I just don't get how that's a bad thing. In any way, shape or form. Snarky and predictable Radiohead posts, and "whats on your playlist" threads notwithstanding, let me paraphrase Elvis Costello: what the f*ck is so funny about peace, love and understanding (and voting)?

This is the first time that I have felt like people are coming together to work for the common good in a long time, and I just don't get how that's a bad thing. In any way, shape or form. Snarky and predictable Radiohead posts, and "whats on your playlist" threads notwithstanding, let me paraphrase Elvis Costello Nick Lowe Bill Murray: what the f*ck is so funny about peace, love and understanding (and voting)?

Double fixed. :thumbup

BS.

Wow, that's harsh...it doesn't even sound like he is telling people to vote Obama.....

"jakobnicholas" is actually a complex vote-suppression algorithm run via a network of zombie computers.

I sure hope so...

LouieB