How long did you wait in line to vote?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to someone I work with a little while ago and she was asking me if I had the option to do a paper ballot - I don't think I have seen one of those since the 2nd Clinton term. She said where she lives, they only had five of those plastic deals for paper ballots, which slowed everything down.

We had a paper ballot option. I told my wife it was probably a scam where all the touch screen machine votes would end up being "corrupt" and only the paper ballots (which seemed to be used exclusively by people who first voted in the late 1800s and would presumably skew right) would count.

The last time, we had the touch screen deal, but, as I said earlier, now we have a different type of machine. I certainly don't think there were enough machines in there, but I suppose we are use to less people voting - instead of a lot of people voting. I tip my cap to those who have been standing in line - sometimes for 8 or more hours.

we had only paper ballots. they didn't have the concealing plastic sleeves at all. no one seemed to mind. everyone was so darn cheerful and just happy to vote, we took our ballots to voting tables that were essentially circle tables with a divider to make 4 equal sections. none of it was very private, but it moved quickly because there were at least 6 of those circle tables crammed into the tiny polling area.

during the primary we had a choice paper ballot or electronic. i think the majority of voters opted for paper. wonder if that is why there were no electronic ballots today. give me good old paper anyday and have that wonderful thing called a paper trail.

In my college (UCSB) town of Isla Vista I spent a total of 20 minutes at the polling place. And it was decently crowded but there was a fair amount of people working so things moved smoothly. Also it doesn't hurt to have nearly ten polling places within two square miles.

Also it was paper all the way.

I was going to say "who's going to save all those baby rhubarbs?" but Miss V beat me to it :lol

Also, I voted about 2 weeks ago -- took an hour all told. Scott voted mid-day and there was no line at all...

i always forget, but there is totally smoking milf/cougar election official at my local polling place. i only see her when it's time to vote, but she still looks good.

Does she make your chads hang?

Took me an hour total (3 pm - 4 pm) from car to line to electronic voting machine back to car in Lexington, SC. Both mayoral candidates and the incumbent congressman were there, which actually helped me decide whom not to vote for in those races, so that was exciting! Apparently I voted at a good time because I heard from poll workers there was a 3 hour wait this morning.