How long did you wait in line to vote?

This time, no one was asked to show ID or a voter's card, but, they did have people sign a paper slip - which had the person's signature on it. Then, a perforated bar coded tab from that sheet was broken off and taken with the voter - and after voting, the perforated tab of paper was given to a poll worker on the way out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time, no one was not asked to show ID or a voter's card, but, they did have people sign a paper slip - which had the person's signature on it. Then, a perforated bar coded tab from that sheet was broken off and taken with the voter - and after voting, the perforated tab of paper was given to a poll worker on the way out.

that's how it's done in Joisey.

This time, no one was asked to show ID or a voter's card, but, they did have people sign a paper slip - which had the person's signature on it. Then, a perforated bar coded tab from that sheet was broken off and taken with the voter - and after voting, the perforated tab of paper was given to a poll worker on the way out.

It's so interesting to hear all the different methods of voting. We only had the touch screens when I early voted last week, but if I voted today I would've had the paper option as well.

It's so interesting to hear all the different methods of voting. We only had the touch screens when I early voted last week, but if I voted today I would've had the paper option as well.

We have new ones down here like a scrantron. You fill in the ovals with a black pen and then send it through a machine. It was easy but you don't get any kind of confirmation from the machine.

We have new ones down here like a scrantron. You fill in the ovals with a black pen and then send it through a machine. It was easy but you don't get any kind of confirmation from the machine.

That's what absentee ballots were like here when I did one a few years ago. I just trusted that it got somewhere and was counted properly.

I walked to my local polling place in Seal Beach, and passed three other voting locations on my five minute walk. The whole process took ten minutes with no lines. It's funny how easy they make it in affluent neighborhoods.

Ten minutes or so in line. Touch screen voting. I accidentally hit the wrong candidate on one of the local things but you can touch it again to make the right choice and it reprints it over on the little receipt printer thing. I wonder if I just stood there voting, unvoting, revoting, unvoting...over and over again, if they'd even count my ballot or if they'd just thing I was a jerk and didn't deserve to be counted?

We had the same kind - small town in Central MA next to Worcester no wait at 4:30p.

The parking lot of the community center where I vote was jam-packed (I actually had to park in the grass), but I guess it's the polling place for two different districts and most of the traffic was for the other district. I only had to wait a minute or so. The whole trip there and back took maybe 15 minutes, if that. Our booth was the old school pull the lever kind, with a lovely green and blue plaid curtain.

The place where I voted is touted as "the hamlet of Varna" on the signs (:lol), but it's only a mile or so from the Cornell campus, in the country outside of Ithaca.

Had the sterile well lit nursing home feel. Nobody under 70 was working the place.

Same.

And my friend and I high-fived each other on our way out. I think the old peeps thought we were craZZZy...ahahahahaha

On Monday I spent over two hours in line. I think it took less than 2 1/2 total, but I'm not really sure when I got there(Franklin County. OH, in-person absentee). I was going to try to "vote often" but because the line was longer when I left, I decided to not waste all day in lines.

Zero wait time, 9:15 am, Mechanicsville, Virginia.

Paper fill-in-the-circle ballot.

No black panthers or Obama supporters. Couple of middle-aged McCain guys outside offering "sample ballots."