Mitch Mitchell RIP

In all of the Hendrix books I have read, he seems to have been into the Blues, R&B, and Bob Dylan. I do recall reading that he and Miles Davis had talked of working together, and there are tracks out there of him playing with some Jazz musicians around the time of Electric Ladyland and after wards.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of those books I have (I think it was the David Henderson book) Jimi was once invited to dinner at Miles' place. Miles was running late, but he left some charts for Jimi to look over. Jimi had to sheepishly admit that he couldn't read music. Wow.

In one of those books I have (I think it was the David Henderson book) Jimi was once invited to dinner at Miles' place. Miles was running late, but he left some charts for Jimi to look over. Jimi had to sheepishly admit that he couldn't read music. Wow.

Imagine what that convo would have been like.

Jimi's background was mostly blues and R&B. I think we are better off with him having been this way instead of more jazzy.

LouieB