The Gaslight Anthem - '59 Sound

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol

:worship

Now, I don't really mind KOL. I don't like his voice and that last single was just plain stupid. They sell out like mad here though, number one singles and albums, ticket sales like hot potatoes. My missus loves them but I can forgive her that I suppose.

But...the Gaslight Anthem album should be a must buy for anyone interested in good guitar music. :rock

Now, I don't really mind KOL. I don't like his voice and that last single was just plain stupid. They sell out like mad here though, number one singles and albums, ticket sales like hot potatoes. My missus loves them but I can forgive her that I suppose.

But...the Gaslight Anthem album should be a must buy for anyone interested in good guitar music. :rock

yeah... KoL are fine by me, but not a huge fan of Caleb's voice either, and find them to be a pretty generic & average US rock band honestly

Reminder - Conan tomorrow (tuesday) night.

Wow @ the KoL/Caleb hate. I actually like Caleb's voice.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on (buying) this album.

The 59 Sound

Decided to check this band out, largerly thanks to this thread. Listened to the '59 Sound album and fell in love instantly. Bought the cd and discovered that they're playing a show over here in February. Awesome.

• 6 months later...

I've been listening to The 59 Sound since this thread started and love it to death. I finally picked up Sink or Swim and I'm pleased to say that its just as good as The 59 Sound. Can't wait to play this one for the rest of the summer

I can't really get into Sink Or Swim. Red at Night is pretty nice, though.

The '59 Sound is just a really great punk/pop record. The writing is good (maybe a little cliche-filled), and he turns a good phrase every now and then. Great album. "Here's Looking At You, Kid" is my favorite on the album.

Great quality @http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents-details.php?id=32163&hit=1

Bruce Springsteen - Glastonbury - 27th June 2009 - BBC HD - PAL Widescreen Proshot DVD (84 mins + 4mins)

Source: Sky Digital Broadcast - BBC HD

Captured: Downscaled by Panasonics Standalone DVD recorder to make DVD compatible.

Picture: PAL 16:9 (Widescreen) 25fp/s 720x576 Around 6Mbps

Sound : Dolby Digital 2.0 384 kbps (Stereo)

Menued and authored using TMPGenc

01. Badlands

02. Prove It All Night

03. Outlaw Pete

04. Out in the Street

05. Working on a Dream

06. Waitin' on a Sunny Day

07. The Promised Land

08. The River

09. Born to Run

10. Thunder Road

11. American Land

12. Glory Days

13. Dancing in the Dark

14. Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound*

* Sourced from BBC3 broadcast via Sky Digital

In order to fit the 84 minute HD transmision onto a single DVD5 I captured at around 6Mbps.

glastonbury2009.png