• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of real holy shit moments tonight...

"He's the man who killed me".

Is Widmore a good guy?

Whoa what a crazy episode. I think Ben has been killing off people for a long time that threaten the island in some way. He killed off the whole Dharma initiative and they are the ones that "understand" how the island moves, ect....

A-Man, I'm gonna be late for work again because of that link :thumbup

With Caesar finding and hiding the sawed off shotgun, I am wondering if he is a part of the 'war'.

I am now beginning to think that Ben may not be the bad one here...let me explain. It is TOO obvious to assume that Ben is totally bad. Yes, he killed his father and destroyed the Dharma Initiative. Yes, he did some prety despicalbe things with respect to the Oceanic survivors. He shot John.

He strangled John.

But there is always a sense that he sees a bigger picture. He seems to be pushed by some not fully explained ethos. "I'll miss you John"...he actually seemed sincere. And the bit in the previous episode about the Apostle Thomas...

There are some big issues that haven't been touched on yet in a definitive fashion...

1) exactly what is the frozen donkey wheel? Widmore said it was the exit. And in the middle of the Tunisian desert?

2) the smoke monster may be a security system...but to protect what? and why did Rousseau's crew seemingly go off the rails?

3) what it the temple? who built it? and why did Ben tell Richard to take his people there?

4) exactly who and/or what is Richard Alpert? how old is he? why is he seemingly the permanent second banana?

5) so...basically for Kate, Hurley and Sayeed, they are going back to save...Sawyer? Jin? Everybody else seems to have been taken care of by fire arrows and claymore mines. Juliet isn't one of them and Daniel and Miles certainly aren't. just saying...

6) what has happened and what will be the fate of Aaron and Ji Yeon?

7) if

John and

Christian resurrected by coming to the island...what about the people who died there? Does that mean we will see Paolo and Nicki again? (brought that up because the actress who played Nicki has a credit on IMDB for a future episode). That does raise the question...if the island healed John, why didn't it heal Boone and Shannon? Ana Lucia and Libby? And why did Mr. Eko get killed by the smoke monster (besides the fact that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje wanted to leave the show)

8) we've seen that the only way to leave is via the frozen donkey wheel or following a specific bearing. So how did Lock' father get to the island...nobody apparently brought him there.

I guess someone is having some fun today. Oh well - back to the show.

Something just occurred to me...

given Michael's inability to kill himself (the island wouldn't let him), would John have been able to kill himself? Maybe Ben had to kill John.

Me head be spinning...

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Something just occurred to me...

given Michael's inability to kill himself (the island wouldn't let him), would John have been able to kill himself? Maybe Ben had to kill John.

Me head be spinning...

interesting thought. seems plausible and cool.

Well I think Ben knew John had to die, but he needed Eloise's name first. Otherwise, why would Ben bring Locke back to island? He knows the island's properties and would have to assume Locke would be brought back to "life." I think there is a fountain of youth type of effect that the island has on its inhabitants, at least those chosen by the island/Jacob. Remember what Widmore said. I found this to be the most interesting thing about the whole episode. He said he was there in the woods when John returned to Richard's group to take command of the others. And for him it had been years. So presumably, he only really aged to his present age OFF the island.

Wire Star: "Not Holding My Breath" for White House Invite

By Us MagazineFebruary 24, 2009 4:40 PM PST

Lance Reddick sat down with Usmagazine.com to discuss his guest appearance on Lost (airs Wednesday on ABC), his current role on FOX drama Fringe and his years playing Lieutenant Daniels on the critically acclaimed The Wire, which ended its run in 2008.

Us: President Barack Obama has said his favorite show is The Wire. Have you gotten an invite to the White House?

LR: No, I didn't. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Us: Are you an Obama supporter?

LR: Oh, yeah. I would love to meet him.

See which other celebs are huge Obama fans!

Us: You worked with J.J. Abrams on Fringe and The Wire. So did you have to audition for Fringe?

LR: I auditioned three times, which is similar to my experience with The Wire.

Us: Do you know how long you'll be on Lost?

LR: It's a recurring role; it's literally episode-to-episode. So you never know how much you're going to be on. Unlike Oz, when you read that you die, you're dead...on Lost, that doesn't matter. You could keep coming back, in flashbacks.

Us How was traveling back and forth while shooting two shows?

LR: I shot Fringe in New York, then flew to Hawaii for Lost and then flew right back to New York. That was quite a week! [Laughs.] I worked every single day.

Us: Do you ever read the fan blogs? Your shows all have cult followings.

LR: I read all these things about my character on Lost! I think I tried to once. And I thought, 'This is too much work.'

I was a little let down that Abaddan was offed so easily. So much for the Satan references.

Maybe he will become undead like Locke.

Interesting description...undead.

I wonder if that means that Locke will have no existence off the island.

I was under the impression that Christian was an avatar...but as Locke has resurrected, so it becomes apparent that Christian is 'undead'. Christian did appear to Jack in LA...but he was he just a vision? Does this mean that Charlie and AnaLucia are 'undead', or are they visions? Is there and actual difference?

Is Claire 'undead'? She could have died in the explosion of the cabin. After all she went off with Christian so readily and seems so at ease with him in the cabin. And SHE appears as a vision to Kate.

I wonder if Richard is 'undead'. Apparetly ageless. If he does not age, does he live? "You do remember birthdays, don't you Richard?"

I am wondering when we will see Jacob...or HAVE we been seeing him all along?

I keep coming back to Ben and his killing of John.

Richard told John he had to die in order to bring the Six back.

Christian didn't seem concerned and told John "That's why they call it sacrifice".

John did seem to be wavering on the table top. And don't forget that the island wouldn't let Michael kill himself. In order for John to die...he had to be killed. Ben fufilled his role, but only when he had the information to insure the return to the island. However, as was the case with Judas, did he fufill his role with motives that were in conflict with the intended? Ben made the biblical allusion to Thomas. If Jack is Thomas, is Ben Judas?

I LOVE this show.

In order for John to die...he had to be killed.

That's what I keep thinking. I'm still on the fence about the whole Ben/Charles thing... assuming that they ARE the ones who are leading the opposing sides of the upcoming war. Ben seemed so cold when he was killing Locke, but so sincere when he was leaving the motel telling Locke he would miss him. Widmore seemed to want Locke alive; after all, he had plenty of opportunity to kill him between Locke's landing in Tunisia and having Abbadon drive him all over the world. Ben twice made the attempt to take Locke's life and ultimately succeeded. So I guess the real question is whether or not John did indeed have to die.

I'm also very eager to learn more about how Ben "tricked" Widmore into leaving the island. And about how Widmore came to be leading the Others in the first place. And about how the hell Richard fits into all of this. Richard has obviously been on the "side" of both Widmore and Ben at one time or another, who is he really aligned with?

Mindfuck.

Any guess who the woman was who look off in the boat with Lapidus?

My guess is Sun.

She's the only woman we know on the flight who's unaccounted for, so I was thinking the same. But then I wondered why she would have landed on the neighboring island with the non-O6. You would think she and Sayid wouldn't have ended up too far from Jack, Kate & Hurley.

Richard has obviously been on the "side" of both Widmore and Ben at one time or another, who is he really aligned with?

Mindfuck.

The easy answer is he is on the side of the island. My question is...is he really the servant or is he a master?

She's the only woman we know on the flight who's unaccounted for, so I was thinking the same. But then I wondered why she would have landed on the neighboring island with the non-O6. You would think she and Sayid wouldn't have ended up too far from Jack, Kate & Hurley.

I don't think there's any doubt here. Sun and Lapidus stole the boat.

My question is...where is Sayeed?

I don't think there's any doubt here. Sun and Lapidus stole the boat.

My question is...where is Sayeed?

There should be some doubt... the "new" people (& Locke) are on the adjacent island where the Hydra station is, but Jack, Kate & Hurley seemed to have landed on the main island. If the Oceanic 6 disappeared during the turbulence, shouldn't Sun & Sayid be on the main island too? Not saying it wasn't Sun who went with Lapidus, but I don't think it's a sure thing.

I wanna know where Sayid is too. And I'm wondering about what's going through Locke's head opening up to Caesar and that woman... doesn't he remember that Walt had been having those dreams about Locke being on the island with people who wanted to hurt him?

The easy answer is he is on the side of the island. My question is...is he really the servant or is he a master?

The more I think the more I agree. Richard is the only one truly serving the island. Ben & Widmore have ulterior motives. But for whatever reason Richard cannot be in charge? If he's the one truly on the side of the island, why the transfer of power from Widmore to Ben to Locke? Or is Richard completely in control of everything happening on and off the island?

Richard is a total mystery to me.

Agh!

Richard is certainly the most compelling, mysterious character on the show. I always rewatch sequences with him to try and glean any clues possible.

This is sort of how I envisioned it: The new plane was crashing and was right above the main island when the island jumped in time. The time jumping effects people who have been on the island different lengths of time...differently. The others don't jump with the island, but the oceanic 815 people do jump. So all the oceanic 815 survivors time jumped out of the plane when the flash hit, and fell from the sky in the past. Locke didn't jump because he wasn't alive yet (I don't think dead people jump through time), Ben didn't jump because he was an other, and Lapidus didn't jump because, ummmmmm, he wasn't on the island as long as other people. I dunno. The theory has a lot of holes in it and would mean that other lady he went with wasn't sun (could be faraday's mom?)

So Eloise had a quite a long list of planes that would be flying through the "window" but the Guam flight was the one they needed to be on, right? I'm assuming all planes that fly through the window don't crash, so was it just the fact that Jack et al were on the plane that made it crash?

I'm thinking maybe the "new" guy that Locke opened up to was planted on the plane by Charles Widmore. And also, I agree that Ben needed to kill Locke, I think he was genuine when he said he was going to miss him and was cold during the actual killing because that was the only way he would be able to do it. Without any emotion. Does that make sense? I think Ben is supremely aware of what needs to happen in order for everything to work out ie them getting back to the island. I bet he would be a bitch to play chess with.

This is sort of how I envisioned it: The new plane was crashing and was right above the main island when the island jumped in time. The time jumping effects people who have been on the island different lengths of time...differently. The others don't jump with the island, but the oceanic 815 people do jump. So all the oceanic 815 survivors time jumped out of the plane when the flash hit, and fell from the sky in the past. Locke didn't jump because he wasn't alive yet (I don't think dead people jump through time), Ben didn't jump because he was an other, and Lapidus didn't jump because, ummmmmm, he wasn't on the island as long as other people. I dunno. The theory has a lot of holes in it and would mean that other lady he went with wasn't sun (could be faraday's mom?)

this was my thought too--that the flash wasnt just a result of the plane entering the window, but also a time jump happening simultaneously. what im curious about, however, is whether or not they are now stuck in the time period (dharma initiative era) in which they landed. wasnt the point of them all coming back to the island to stop the time jumps?? (i mean, not necessarily the reason, but a reason) so now that they're all there, do the jumps just stop? if so, they're all about to get pretty cozy with the dharma initiative....

Al Trautwig's Lost Thoughts: Episode 6

Things I Noticed - "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" by Vozzek69

The Boy's Gettin' Big

Funny. No matter what season we're in, Walt's height is always a good running joke on LOST. To be honest, I'm not sure what the deal is with Abaddon. I'm still entertaining the theory that he's really a grown-up version of Walt. The way he walked away just as Walt approached (and returned when Walt left) certainly seemed to reinforce that whole idea. But I'm not entirely convinced, especially in light of his piss-poor death this episode. You can't go saying "He's been through enough" and then let the poor guy get brutally shot to death a couple of hours later. And with his mom dead, his dad blown to bits... it just doesn't seem right for Walt's entire story to end so badly. I'd like to think Walt went on to have something of a good life once the island let him go (not that I think it did just yet).

If Abaddon IS Walt, it would definitely explain the height. And somewhere along the line, Locke "owes him one". Abaddon's dead, and Locke hasn't paid up yet. So unless the debt gets settled somewhere in the past, maybe Walt/Abbadon will meet up again with John at a later time to collect. It's happened before. Walt has a funny way of popping up like that. I also think maybe Walt had a general idea of what happened to his father, but was testing Locke to see what he'd tell him. When Locke kindly spared Walt the gory details of his father being dead, he seemed to smile in knowing appreciation. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that.