• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystery solved on the Charlotte age thing.

Background: In Episode 4.02 "Confirmed Dead," Ben Linus rattles a bunch of information off about Charlotte Staples Lewis. Including her birthday. According to Ben Charlotte was born in 1979. Which would mean that the little redhead girl that Daniel saw in 5.08 "LaFleur" could not be Charlotte because she was not born yet in 1974.

In the Official Lost audio podcast dated 3/19/09 the producers where asked about this and if they could identity the little girl (ghost, hallucination or what not). The producers said this (and I am paraphrasing): The character of Charlotte was written as to be born in 1971. However the actress, Rebecca Mader, did not want to be branded as someone much older then she actually is (she was born in 1979). So on set when they where filming the scene in "Confirmed Dead." She had the age of her character changed, thus the discrepancy. So I guess we are to take that bit with a grain of salt.

A real what the fuck moment there...

I guess the past CAN be changed.

I swear I must be watching a different show than everyone in this thread.

this may very well be one of the best written and acted seasons of this show yet, and you are pissed because it doesn't all make sense to you RIGHT NOW?!!!!

I want to throw things at this thread

this may very well be one of the best written and acted seasons of this show yet, and you are pissed because it doesn't all make sense to you RIGHT NOW?!!!!

:worship

In my opinion each season is better than the last, this one is no exception.

Also, Sayid really should stop falling for women who want to kill and/or kick him in the face.

Agreed! Sayid and I have one thing in common, poor choice in women. :(

Also, Sayid really should stop falling for women who want to kill and/or kick him in the face.

LOL

He is a really tortured soul.

Mystery solved on the Charlotte age thing.

Background: In Episode 4.02 "Confirmed Dead," Ben Linus rattles a bunch of information off about Charlotte Staples Lewis. Including her birthday. According to Ben Charlotte was born in 1979. Which would mean that the little redhead girl that Daniel saw in 5.08 "LaFleur" could not be Charlotte because she was not born yet in 1974.

In the Official Lost audio podcast dated 3/19/09 the producers where asked about this and if they could identity the little girl (ghost, hallucination or what not). The producers said this (and I am paraphrasing): The character of Charlotte was written as to be born in 1971. However the actress, Rebecca Mader, did not want to be branded as someone much older then she actually is (she was born in 1979). So on set when they where filming the scene in "Confirmed Dead." She had the age of her character changed, thus the discrepancy. So I guess we are to take that bit with a grain of salt.

Actually Damon and Carlton 'lied' about that, lol.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/lost-exclusive.html

And we don't know that Ben's just "hanging out" in the camp. Who knows if they're keeping him somewhere specific where you can't just go to him. Plus, would you expect them to just off a child in Lost?

HAHAHAHAH

biggest wtf moment of the season so far.

I don't have too many I-know-what-he-is-going-to-do moments on this show, but I figured out what Sayid was up to, once he said he knew what his purpose was on the island.

I don't have too many I-know-what-he-is-going-to-do moments on this show, but I figured out what Sayid was up to, once he said he knew what his purpose was on the island.

I knew what he was going to do to. However I thought their would have been something preventing him for actually killing Ben like the bullet hitting a pigeon or something (Am I the only person here who watches Kings?)

I figured this would be out there today:

To us, the big question is whether or not Ben is actually dead. If he is, that would indicate that our Losties have the ability to change the future, rendering
HAHAHAHAH

biggest wtf moment of the season so far.

Now that Sayid is off the reservation, so to speak, where does he go now? He truly appears at the end of his rope. He has a number of things to answer for. Even though he has a gained a sense of community with the group, he is an outsider. The island tends to judge, heal (if necessary) and (occassionally) demand a sacrifice. Sayis definitely deserves the first, needs the second. Will he become a victim of the third?

There is something brewing under the surface here, and I can't get a handle on it. Ben WANTED Sayid to go back to the island. IF the future cannot be changed, presumably, Ben has some memory of last night's incident. Unless the losties fufill roles that other people had filled in the past.

And one final thing. In every other meeting, Richard has been remarkably well groomed and clean shaven. When Ben met Richard he was unkempt (needing a haircut and a shave). There must be some significance here.

Ben 'saw' his mother. I am beginning to think this is a manifestation of the smoke being...akin to Yemi's appearance to Eko and (possibly) Horace's appearance to Locke (wasn;t it Locke?). Is Christian a manifestation of the smoke monster? This is a cunumdrum because he said to Locke "Say Hello to my Son" indicating he IS Christian.

I have a feeling that there is a game changer on the way. We had 5 come back to the island to save, basically two. Plus the fact that Sun is not in 1977. I don't think that the destinies of Juliet, Miles, Daniel and (the late) Charlotte are tied to the Losties. We have ascertained that Charlotte was definitely on the island previously and we have been given several clues alluding that Miles and Daniel have been there also.

This series blows my mind. As it plays out over a series of weeks it keeps adding layers to the story.

I was expecting Sayid to try and kill Ben the whole episode. What I really would have liked to have seen was after shooting him and starting to walk away, Sayid comes back and shoots Ben two times in the head. He's just got a stomach wound...people in TV shows come back from those all the time, especially on islands with healing powers.

I knew what he was going to do to. However I thought their would have been something preventing him for actually killing Ben like the bullet hitting a pigeon or something (Am I the only person here who watches Kings?)

However, he didn't kill Ben. He shot Ben. Maybe the point here is that Ben had to be kept from joining the 'others' prematurely.

And we don't know that Ben's just "hanging out" in the camp. Who knows if they're keeping him somewhere specific where you can't just go to him. Plus, would you expect them to just off a child in Lost?

Let's try again for next week:

And we don't know the writers even have everything figured out. Who knows if there really is a logical explanation for everything? Plus, would you expect them to just answer all our questions next week?