• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to just throw in how great it is that in this era of shit tv there is actually a show that keeps every damn one of us guessing, speculating, doubting, remembering, connecting, reacting, and having such an emotional and personal attachment

I know we've set some "rules" for time travel, but I still have to believe that if someone dies (young ben), they simply won't be alive in the future.

Like the fading photographs in Back to the Future....

On another note, I'm definitely waiting for the moment where Jack shows his doctor skills.

I don't know think Richard knows what's going to happen, otherwise he would have known who Locke was.

So when did Kate realize the girl she knew was Sawyer's babies momma??

Interestingly enough, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Juliet and Sayid are accomplices for what Ben became.

What is going to happen to young Ben...losing his innocence? What does that mean?

Nice use of the best Patsy Cline song ever last night.

I recognized it was Patsy but didnt know the song..........whats the title of that number?

About the episode, I thought it was the weakest of the season.

Some interesting tidbits casually dropped in the contact between Sawyer, Kate and the Others. (Mainly clues from Richard)

Widmore was the leader of the Others (alluded to previously). Ellie (most probably Eloise) was his co-leader and (possibly) his wife.

If Widmore and Eloise are married...Faraday is Widmore's son/Penny's brother. Eloise and Widmore seem to be at odds. Eloise aids Ben in getting the losties back to the Island. Whidmore wanted Locke to get them to go back to the island also. The relationships between Ben, Eloise and Widmore are VERY gray. Ben and Whidmore are very obviously at odds, but in a more personal way. They do seem to be working toward the same goal. Although what the larger goal beyond getting the Losties back to the island is in the air.

The Universe has a way of correcting things.

The Temple. The ruins of the statue. The numbers. These items are as fuzzy as ever, although their prominence is maybe getting clearer.

God loves you as He loved Jacob. If Jacob is 'as important as the Emporer is to the Star Wars Saga' we are going to need to see him soon. And I hear the finale is chock full of Jacob.

Now Ben seeks judgement from the island. If Eko is an example, the Island isn't very forgiving.

Yeah, that was definitely a key moment in the show.

Kind of like watching Anakin Skywalker become Darth Vader, only it wasn't totally lame.

okay, so i understand that it doesnt matter what any of them do right now (in terms of how their futures play out). whether it was jack who saved ben, or the others who saved ben, or even if juliet had been able to fix him...he will still become the ben we know and love/hate in the present. SO. if the past already happened, and they cant really "change" anything per se because it will all lead to their present/futures as they know them no matter what events happen right now, then i still don't understand why the losties don't remember all of this happening before in their pasts. can anyone explain this to me? :stunned

okay, so i understand that it doesnt matter what any of them do right now (in terms of how their futures play out). whether it was jack who saved ben, or the others who saved ben, or even if juliet had been able to fix him...he will still become the ben we know and love/hate in the present. SO. if the past already happened, and they cant really "change" anything per se because it will all lead to their present/futures as they know them no matter what events happen right now, then i still don't understand why the losties don't remember all of this happening before in their pasts. can anyone explain this to me? :stunned

It's even more convoluted than that...Whatever action they take has already happened.

The realy freaky part is that the Losties CAN die if they did not perform any important action in the past.

Because even though they're in the past, they're in their own present. It's like what Miles was trying to explain to Hurley when he told Hurley to shoot him. If Hurley did shoot him, Miles would die because they are in their present. Desmond had a memory of Daniel telling him to find his mother because Desmond is "special".

Also, Jack was never going to save Ben, nor was Juliet. Because what happened was that Kate & Sawyer brought him to the Others, and that's what always happened.

I hope that makes some sense...

Because even though they're in the past, they're in their own present. It's like what Miles was trying to explain to Hurley when he told Hurley to shoot him. If Hurley did shoot him, Miles would die because they are in their present. Desmond had a memory of Daniel telling him to find his mother because Desmond is "special".

Also, Jack was never going to save Ben, nor was Juliet. Because what happened was that Kate & Sawyer brought him to the Others, and that's what always happened.

Very good explanation. I agree.

Anyone think the lady in the grocery store, who took Aaron, was a mid-fifties Claire?

That's it. They don't remember it, because it hasn't happened to them yet. Whatever they do to the island now, they already did to the island. I think your best best is just rereading that sentence until it makes sense. :pirate

And Richard gave the answer to the real outstanding question...Ben will remember none of this and lose his innocence.

What the hell is going to happen to Ben in the temple?

It appears to me that there is much more to Ben Linus than meets the eye. His motives and actions seem to folllowing a reasoning/path that is often at conflict with past actions.