There are more "HOLY SHIT!!!" moments in this show than any other show in the history of forever.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show startles me like nothing else. Take the guy with the tranquilizer darts in Sayid's hospital room... like I totally knew what was coming but it made me jump anyway.

I was a little surprised that Ben was so forthcoming about his role in the whole Kate/Aaron thing. I'm just glad it didn't turn out to be Claire's mom who hired the super-coincidental lawyer - the thought crossed my mind after the season premiere but I realized that she'd have no idea that Claire had given birth on the island. And I'm kinda hoping that busting Hurley out of prison is a little more exciting than the judge throwing out the case. But I guess if you only have 70 hours... :lol

I'm pretty sure at this point that Miles is Chang's son, what with the long-time island dwellers having the nosebleeds first. I'm still puzzled as to who Charlotte is though.

I will admit I don't know a damn thing about explosives, but I was pretty sure that Jin got off the freighter into the water before it exploded. How far away he would have to be to float back to the island? No clue. Did anyone else notice Danielle calling one of her group Montand? Don't know why but I always remember her talking about the dark territory, where Montand lost his arm.

As always, I'll likely watch this ep again in the next couple days, though there weren't as many confusing plot lines as usual.

Okay good episode, but this is the thing about time travel plots that always bothers me. So at the beginning of the episode they are at the time of Aaron's birth. So the plan to return to the beach and get the zodiac is either 1. misguided because the zodiac wouldn't travel through time or 2. a continuity error in the show because all the other castaways at the camp would have seen the zodiac mysteriously appear out of nowhere. Further, it has to option #2 because the outrigger canoe travels through time with them. So, if you're going to keep any sort of consistent rules of time travel in the show, they've already screwed the pooch!

Guest Gym Teacher Man

pretty standard episode last night. next week's looks better. the jin/danielle thing at the end was sweet though.

off topic, a bit, but i just recently rewatched Keeping the Faith, the Edward Norton movie, and now it's hard for me to watch the dude who plays Miles without expecting him to burst into an absurd rendition of Jessie's Girl

Okay good episode, but this is the thing about time travel plots that always bothers me. So at the beginning of the episode they are at the time of Aaron's birth. So the plan to return to the beach and get the zodiac is either 1. misguided because the zodiac wouldn't travel through time or 2. a continuity error in the show because all the other castaways at the camp would have seen the zodiac mysteriously appear out of nowhere. Further, it has to option #2 because the outrigger canoe travels through time with them. So, if you're going to keep any sort of consistent rules of time travel in the show, they've already screwed the pooch!

One theory bandied about is that any tangible physical object that the time-jumpers are in physical contact with at the time of the hum-and-flash will move through time with the time-jumpers. For example, Sawyer has the 1950's era rifle that he took from Ellie during all of the flashes in last night's episode. I have not gone back to watch the first flash with the zodiac on the beach, but Juliet may have been sitting in or touching the Zodiac during that flash.

eta: The time-jumpers may not be aware of this fact and mistakenly believe the zodiac will be at the beach.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Hmm, that's possible. I HOPE so as when these time travel things unravel and they just use time travel as a convenient plot device, I get VERY frustrated. I love this show and I don't want to see it unravel.

i totally second that. but i don't feel like the time travel has been cheap yet or anything. i think it all adds up. i am kind of hoping it will end soon though. too much of it will surely get annoying and frustrating.

Didn't that interview I posted a few pages back with the show creators (Tobias Funke and Bill Walton) say that they needed to use the first few episodes of the season to set up some rules of time travel? Didn't they say that after the 4th episode it would kick into high gear? Wasn't last night the 4th episode? These questions and many others will be answered on the next episode of Soap!

Didn't that interview I posted a few pages back with the show creators (Tobias Funke and Bill Walton) say that they needed to use the first few episodes of the season to set up some rules of time travel? Didn't they say that after the 4th episode it would kick into high gear? Wasn't last night the 4th episode? These questions and many others will be answered on the next episode of Soap!

Is that Robert Guillaume in your avatar?

okay, so why isn't daniel getting a bloody nose then? he's been doing this time travel thing for awhile, right? and we assume he's been to the island many times before (was seen at the construction of the orchid station)..i guess the duration of his stays just dont add up to miles or charlotte? or does it have to do with having a constant? faraday did see desmond fairly recently..(who is his constant)

also, if you read this carefully: http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/c31...a1093e2eec932a7 it seems that the "subject" that sun is having followed is a SHE not a he. so even though she looks at photographs of ben and jack, who is it that she is having followed??

also also, im waiting for the scene where miles' ears prick up and he tells the losties there are a brother and sister in the sand who were buried alive :lol (er, wait, i guess that smilie isnt exactly appropriate :hmm)

okay, so why isn't daniel getting a bloody nose then? he's been doing this time travel thing for awhile, right? and we assume he's been to the island many times before (was seen at the construction of the orchid station)..i guess the duration of his stays just dont add up to miles or charlotte? or does it have to do with having a constant? faraday did see desmond fairly recently..(who is his constant)

also, if you read this carefully: http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/c31...a1093e2eec932a7 it seems that the "subject" that sun is having followed is a SHE not a he. so even though she looks at photographs of ben and jack, who is it that she is having followed??

also also, im waiting for the scene where miles' ears prick up and he tells the losties there are a brother and sister in the sand who were buried alive :lol (er, wait, i guess that smilie isnt exactly appropriate :hmm)

I think it's pretty clear that Miles and Charlotte were both born on the island. Perhaps explaining their nosebleeds, etc. Not sure about Juliet, but maybe there was a reason they tried so hard to get her back to the island that had less to do with her research and more for her origins.

Just a guess.

Well, Juliet just started getting a nosebleed and she has been on the island for 3 years. It's fair to say that Dan has likely not been on island that long, with all the time jumping added up. Could def be because of his constant as well.

Interesting screen cap. It mentions both Oxford and an animal clinic (such as the one where Ben stitched up Sayid after Elsa shot him?!?). Maybe the "subject" is Ms. Hawking.

Except they're not brother & sister. Minor detail. And the smilie is most appropriate... :lol

Anyone else think Danielle is super cute when she is (was?) younger? Sorry... that was the main thought I had after that episode :( I am no good.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Anyone else think Danielle is super cute when she is (was?) younger? Sorry... that was the main thought I had after that episode :( I am no good.

yes. but kate is way cuter. and claire.

Interesting screen cap. It mentions both Oxford and an animal clinic (such as the one where Ben stitched up Sayid after Elsa shot him?!?). Maybe the "subject" is Ms. Hawking.

Except they're not brother & sister. Minor detail. And the smilie is most appropriate... :lol

Err right, minor lapse in memory. You get what I meant though :lol

And I was thinking mrs hawking as well..

Regarding Jin: We are to now believe that he somehow jumped of of the freighter in the seconds between when we last saw him on the deck and the explosion. Then he furthermore managed to safely navigate away from the fiery wreckage, maintain his sanity and strength enough to start swimming towards the island and then be within the radius of the island shifting. Lastly, he's been floating around off of the coast for who knows how long in actual time with no food or water and has experienced all of the time jumps that the other Losties have experienced. Did I leave anything out?

Also, how long before they use the time traveling to reintroduce dead characters? I think that would be a cheap move, but hard to pass up nonetheless.

One last thing how does Ben have contact with the island in current time to know that Jin is alive as he tells Sun in next week's preview?